Product Type: Hartley`s Spread
Newest Review: ... I just can't allow myself to buy Nutella too often as I end up eating the whole jar with a spoon pretty much the day I get it, so instead I... more
.....hope you like Jammin' too.
Hartley's Best Pineapple Jam
Member Name: Bellroyd
Hartley's Best Pineapple Jam
Advantages: Unusual fruit for a jam gives plate appeal
Disadvantages: A 340g jar doesn't last long!
I think I may be pregnant as I have started to fancy foods I haven't had in years. Jams in particular have taken my fancy lately and at the weekend I came back from the Car Booty with a 340g jar of Hartley's Pineapple Jam - haven't had it in years (nor the jam!)
I wouldn't normally go to a Car Booty for jam, although am often tempted by the home-made stuff. I bought this because it was only 50p - or rather a wide choice of jams and marmies at 2 for a 1. Bargain, I chose a ginger preserve as well.
I am too much of a cheapskate to buy Hartleys at full price but there was a stall selling in-code foodstuffs and this was one of the choices available so I gave it a go.
We used to get our brekkie at the Booty but we have knocked that on the head now, so I made myself some toast when we got home at breakfast time and ladled some of this lovely chunky jam onto it.
It is nice and thick and actually tastes like pineapple - isn't that amazing? Well, not exactly like pineapple - it is a manufactured product after all so there are the usual extra ingredients that we could all do without in a perfect world.
Some time ago, I think Hartleys were the first to downsize their jars to 340g and I boycotted them at that stage for being mean. At the time every one else was selling you a 454g jar for less money and at full price this jam is over £1.30 a jar. It felt good to be enjoying some for only 5op a jar.
The reason it was cheap is that although it had the Hartley's top with date code etc, the label was missing. It still had a white paper label with the ingredients on though and was identified as having come from a local canned foods factory shop. Well, you do hear some things about such companies repackaging, re-dating and reselling foods which are beyond their sell by date, but then I'm quite a trusting guy with a strong constitution so I doubt that it will do me ay harm if it is a bit dodgy.
Anyway, you don't often see pineapple jam and it makes a nice change from strawberry or blackcurrant, my favourites. I wish I'd bought a second jar now - 340g isn't going to last me long. Sigh!
More reviews in the field of Spread
- Time to feel at home
- Less fat, but more than double the carbs!
- Nice Tasting Margerine, but Not as great as it makes out to be.
- As Light as a Feather!
- You either love it or you hate it!
- My own little bottle of liquid sunshine!
- I LOVE IT!
- MMM tasty.. sorry supermarket jam the relationship is over
- Delectable Squeezy Honey!
- Granovita Ready Spready Garlic And Herb Yeast Pate
- Granovita Ready Spready Original Pate
- Granovita Ready Spready Herb Provence Pate
- Granovita Ready Spready Wild Mushroom Pate
- Granovita Ready Spready Mushroom Pate
- Darbo Forest Berries Fruit Spread
- Darbo All Natural Blackberry & Black Currant Preserve
- Darbo All Natural Forest Berries Preserve
- Darbo All Natural Garden Strawberry Preserve
- Darbo All Natural Raspberry Preserve