Product Type: Heinz Spread
Newest Review: ... being given, we are told how to use the toast topper and contact details for Heinz are given. It's a nice enough little can this one a... more
Topping off that toast nicely enough!
Heinz Toast Toppers
Member Name: xxfoxyredxx
Heinz Toast Toppers
Date: 28/10/11, updated on 11/12/11 (131 review reads)
Advantages: Easy to use, reasonable price and great quality
Disadvantages: This falvour was a bit bland for me
When I was much younger I used to love it when my Mum made me a supper of toast toppers on toast of course! I remember loving the ham and cheese flavour with a passion and so the other day when I spotted the little cans of different flavoured toast toppers in my local Asda store I decide to treat myself and bought the chicken & mushroom variety.
The can is small and holds 128g of the topper and has a ring-pull to the top of it to pull the lid off with. Around the can there is an orange and yellow coloured label and on that we are told that it is Heinz Chicken & Mushroom Toast Toppers '57 Varieties'. On the back of the can other information listed includes ingredients and nutritional information being given, we are told how to use the toast topper and contact details for Heinz are given. It's a nice enough little can this one and very easy to open and is informative enough too.
The Toast Topper Itself:
Well as you know by now I bought myself the chicken & mushroom toast topper. One can is meant to be enough to adequately top 2 pieces of toast and course you toast the bread before popping this on one side of it.
In its appearance its a moist sort of paste really and not too runny. Brownish in colour with a meaty aroma to it when you spread it you can see like the fibres of pink coloured chicken and tiny chunks of mushrooms, sweetcorn and slithers on red pepper. it spreads easily enough and I found the contents of the can to be just enough for two slices of standard bread and then all you do is grill it till it firms up slightly on the toast which takes about 2 minutes or so.
Taste wise, well this flavour failed to impress me really to be honest. It set nicely and did taste a bit of chicken and I could taste the mushrooms and sweetcorn within it however it didn't taste as well seasoned as it could do and to me simply lacked a richness. Maybe I had opted for the wrong flavour but I was disappointed that I got chicken fibre like meat than chunks of chicken!
Not for me this one but I will be trying other flavours from this range when I see them and will not be off put!
I bought my can in Asda for 85p a can and other flavours such as ham & cheese and mushroom & bacon were also available at the same price.
Nutritional Information Per Can (The Important Bits):
Energy 72 Kcal
of which saturates: 0.5g
Summary: A so so flavour!
More reviews in the field of Spread
- Who needs jam?
- For that chocolate moment....
- Egg-free Mayo!
- You'd be nuts not to try it
- Get yourself some crunchy nuttiness
- Only a quid and I've been buttered up!
- Delicious, an indulgence for your body and your tastebuds!
- Bland and lifeless - unfortunately this is just the best of a bad bunch
- This Won't (Quite) Cost the Earth
- Why do you build me up...Butter me up!!
- Lowicz Extra Plum Jam
- Wilkin & Sons Apricot Jam
- Thursdays Cottage Blueberry Jam
- Meridian Organic Plum Spread
- Meridian Organic Bramble Fruits Spread
- Guillaume Et Lesgards Les Folies Fromages Pear And Honey
- Guillaume Et Lesgards Les Folies Fromages Quince And Apple
- La Cuillère Gourmande Banana And Grape Jam Flavoured
- La Cuillère Gourmande Basil Jam
- Guillaume Et Lesgards Les Folies Fromages White Fig, Bay Leaf, Raisin