Product Type: Lyle's Spread
Newest Review: ... that I will ever buy. ===Simple Flapjacks=== 250g Porridge Oats 125g Butter 125g Brown Sugar 2-3 tbsps Golden Syrup Mix all ingredien... more
Lyle's Golden Syrup
Member Name: ShaunaBlue
Lyle's Golden Syrup
Advantages: Great Taste
Disadvantages: Very sweet, wouldn't want to use too much at a time
Lyle's Golden Syrup is a staple in our kitchen cupboard. Great for lashing onto sweet treats, to make them even sweeter, and perfect in cooking, who could live without this in their cupboard?
I'm not a great fan of honey, I like the sweetness it gives, but I don't really like the taste. I think this is why I like golden syrup so much, because it has all that lovely sticky sweetness, but without the bitter aftertaste that some honey has. I love having a teaspoon on my porridge in the morning, as a treat.
A small tin costs me just under a pound from my local supermarket. I think this is brilliant value as a tin like this will last me well over a month, if I was just using it myself. However, in our house, nothing is sacred!
The syrup itself is gold in colour and very thick. It has a treacly consistency and is very sickly sweet, which to me, is a good thing because it means that I use less each time and therefore the tin lasts longer that way.
This is such a good buy for me because I can use it with a number of things. To name a few:
Cakes and Baking
On Toast (Don't knock it till you've tried it)
On my Porridge
Summary: Very versatile
More reviews in the field of Spread
- Duerrs Fine Cut Grapefruit Marmalade - A sharp taste - but makes a change from o ...
- Not so buttery spread.
- Bit of syrup for your pancakes Sir?
- It's witchcraft.
- Everyday Value Cheese Spread.
- Not as bad as I remember- Heinz Sandwich Spread
- yummy choc spread!
- Hands off the butter!
- Yummy and versitile!
- YUM or what
- Felix Sauce With Vegetables
- Felix Sauce With Mountain-Cheese
- Felix Pasta Sauce With Tyrolean Bacon
- Felix Pasta Sauce With Summer Herbs From The Mühlviertel
- Felix Pasta Sauce With Styria Beef
- Naturgie Organic And Fairtrade Mango Jam
- Naturgie Organic And Fairtrade Guava Jam
- S’Atra Sardigna Organic Thistle Honey
- S’Atra Sardigna Organic Eucalyptus Honey
- Jean Hervé Organic Peanut Butter