Product Type: Tesco Spread
Newest Review: ... I have been buying most recently when no other brands are on offer is the Tesco value butter. This is currently priced at just £1.10 f... more
Cheap and Cheerful Butter!
Tesco Value Butter
Member Name: star3683
Tesco Value Butter
Advantages: cheap, pleasant taste
Disadvantages: could be creamier
A while ago I made the decision to stop buying low fat spreads and to just buy butter. This was for two reasons, firstly butter tastes so much better than the low fat spreads and secondly because I read an article that said that the low fat spreads contain that many chemicals and artificial additives but with butter at least you know what you are getting.
The only downside with butter though at the moment is the cost! Since the beginning of the recession the price of butter has gone up and up. This has not put me off buying it, I just look for special offers instead or if not buy the shops own value brands. The butter I have been buying most recently when no other brands are on offer is the Tesco value butter. This is currently priced at just £1.10 for a 250g pack.
The butter comes in a rectangular block and is packaged in a waxy paper that is wrapped tightly around the butter in a parcel form. On the front of the wrapper is a picture of a block of butter on a dish with a knife. The packaging is very simple and has the Tesco value logo on the front.
Butter is not exactly the best thing for you as it is very high in Fat, in fact each 10g of butter contains 8.1g of Fat! But this butter contains no added preservatives or colouring, just a little salt.
This butter is nice tasting and is slightly creamy and not too salty. It is fantastic on fresh bread or toast and is also great to cook with, especially as I am a little addicted to making cupcakes at the moment so I add it to the recipe and use it to make the butter cream too. I would not say this is the best butter on the market as it is not as creamy as some of the branded butters but it is great as a cheaper alternative and tastes pleasant and works just as well for baking etc.
Summary: a good value everyday butter
More reviews in the field of Spread
- Tesco value butter - not the best but not the worst
- Who needs jam?
- Get yourself some crunchy nuttiness
- Bargain jam.
- As good as any branded jam if you ask me!
- Tesco Value jam
- Topping off that toast nicely enough!
- Is there a BUZZZZZ about this honey? Yes there is!
- Fancy a jam session?
- St Dalfour High Fruit Content Spread
- Jif Creamy Peanut Butter
- Skippy Super Chunk Reduced Fat Peanut Butter
- Skippy Creamy Reduced Fat Peanut Butter
- Robertsons Golden Shred Light Marmalade
- Thursdays Cottage Diabetic Orange Marmalade
- La Cuillère Gourmande Strawberry, Mint And Chocolate Spread
- La Cuillère Gourmande Thyme Jam
- La Roumanière Black Cherry Jam
- La Roumanière Fig Jam
- La Roumanière Green Tomato Jam