Newest Review: ... sign agreeing to 30 day payment terms, email or fax it over to the offices at BPP, and 24 hours later you are all booked in for your class... more
BPP provides helpful course notes and study materials to revise
BPP Accountancy Courses
Member Name: kei102
BPP Accountancy Courses
Advantages: Materials make it easier to plan and learn
Disadvantages: Size of classes can be too big
I'm currently using BPP study materials and attending their day release classes for the ACCA F8 paper so this will be a review of my experience with them so far.
Classes generally start on time (9am) with several 10-15 minute breaks in between and a one hour lunch break. Although classes end at around 4pm you can stay behind after with questions for the tutor who would be more than willing to answer. One thing which I particularly dislike is the disruption caused by late comers and the classes do get pretty crowded sometimes.
As with all BPP study centres, there are usually classrooms that are vacant which you can use (ask at the reception) to study in.
People will have varied opinions on how well the classes are taught, depending on the lecturer. Fortunately for me, I haven't experienced any bad lecturers yet!
The material provided consists of a course companion, course notes, study text, practice & revision kit and passcards (summarised course notes in a little booklet). There are also 2 course exams which you sit in your own time under exam conditions which are sent off to be marked by a BPP tutor. The feedback from these exams are usually helpful in terms of spotting areas of improvement.
Overall, I would recommend BPP for students. But beware that the learning experience will vary depending on which centre you go to, lecturer you have, and even day/evening/weekend classes you attend. (I've heard some negative feedback from colleagues and friends about BPP, main one which I've mentioned earlier is the size of classes).
Summary: By following the course companion, you will cover things you need to know to pass the exams
More reviews in the field of Study Course
- A Course that Aims to Cover All of Human History
- Great for Civil Engineering
- Interesting subject but rubbish for a career
- best decision i ever made
- Want to study maths? Go to Warwick!
- Decisions Decisions Decisions sounds like a TV show
- Nursing......a good idea in todays N.H.S.?
- Stonebridge NCFE TEACHING ASSISTANT LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA
- Teaching Assistant Level3 course = BRILLIANT!
- PGCE Science (University of Nottingham)
- Computer Information Systems At University of Liverpool
- Environmental and Earth Resources Engineering At Imperial College, University of ...
- Psychology At University of St. Andrews
- Chemistry with Pharmaceutical and Forensic Science At University of Bradford
- Computing At University of Manchester Institute for Science and Technology