Product Type: Boots Sun Care
Newest Review: ... got a stain on my top. I also found that spraying it onto the body directly, contrary to Boots advice, was more effective in places than wh... more
Where has all the sun gone?!?
Boots Soltan Spray SPF50
Member Name: CarolineMB
Boots Soltan Spray SPF50
Advantages: Reasonable price, works effectively
Disadvantages: Sometimes doesn't spray properly depending on how you hold the bottle
I always buy these suncreams when they are on 2 for 1 during the summer months in Boots. They are actually on at half price at the moment and this cream is £4.99 (usual price £9.99) for 200ml. Soltan is Boots own range of sun care lotions and as far as I'm concerned they are just as good as any branded product.
The bottle is a bright yellow colour and has a clear plastic top on it. In order to get the cream out you need to press down on the pump spray at the top of the bottle. The cream is distributed very well on your skin and does not spray up the wall like some sun creams do! It rubs in very easily and is quite thin in consistency, although it does leave a slight shimmer on your body which some people might regard as being greasy but it doesn't feel this way to me. It smells very nice and very fresh which is also important to me.
The only thing I will point out is that sometimes when you have the bottle at a slight angle, for example when you're trying to spray it on your legs, the cream doesn't necessarily come out the first time you press down. Occasionally you need to press the spray trigger a couple of times in order to get some cream out.
Luckily I have never burnt whilst wearing this cream although if I accidentally miss a small area at all on my body, it will go very red which proves that the cream does actually work elsewhere when I've used it. I am paranoid about the sun being on my skin though so generally I will be ultra careful and spray very often throughout the day.
I would definitely recommend this product, it is effective, inexpensive and smells nice.
Summary: Great, inexpensive sun cream which works very well
More reviews in the field of Sun Care
- Tan your hide - No need to hid your tan!
- A five star body lotion and sun screen in one.
- A natural looking glow at last!
- Sainsbury's Basics Sun Lotion SPF 15
- Cheap and cheerful aftersun
- A nice tan which will not break the bank
- Palmer's with a little extra
- Do not use primarily as a Sunscreen! But great for uneven skin tone.
- do you want to look like Marge Simpson? read on then!
- Burt's Bees Outdoor Aloe After Sun Soother
- Boots Soltan Self Tan Mousse
- Instant Tan Spray Booth
- Coppertone Endless Summer Self Tanning Lotion
- Hawaiian Tropic After Sun
- BareMinerals Faux Tan Face Gradual Glow Sunless Tanner
- Caudalie Anti Ageing Suncare SPF
- Decleor Aroma Sun Face Protection Aromessence Duo
- Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti Aging Triple Defense Shield Sunscreen SPF50
- Yaoh Organic Hemp Seed Oil Sun Block SPF15