Newest Review: ... you have clothing rubbing against your tender bits! Overall I highly recommend the Clinique After Sun Balm with Aloe Vera, I have used s... more
After the Sun comes Clinique
Clinique After Sun Balm with Aloe
Member Name: northernlovely
Clinique After Sun Balm with Aloe
Advantages: Works very well
Disadvantages: A bit pricier
When I went on holiday last year it wasn't until I got to the airport that I realised that I didn't have any after sun, so I purchased a bottle of Clinique After Sun Balm with Aloe Vera from the Clinique concession in the duty free area. I paid £9.99 on special offer, I believe the high street price for the 150ml (5oz) tube that I purchased is around £13.
The tube is quite basic and in the familiar light green colouring of the Clinique brand, with a big yellow C and a yellow band stating in white text that it is after sun.
The idea behind after sun is that you use it to soothe skin reddened by the sun. It is not a substitute for a good sun tan lotion - I use a high factor Nivea on my face and a lower factor on the rest, but you can still catch the sun and feel the burn of a bit too much sunshine. Aloe Vera is a well known soothing agent so it's the ideal choice for an after sun lotion.
So, you squeeze out the lotion and it's pretty creamy and not greasy which I like in a cream. It is quite fresh smelling (must be the aloe!) and you only need a fairly small amount, a 10p sized amount is enough for the top of your arm / shoulder area, the same for the neck, legs etc. So I believe that the tube would easily last for the duration of a fortnight's holiday for a couple. As soon as you put it on you can feel it soothing and cooling the area - though as an extra tip I recommend keeping the tube in the fridge, it feels even nicer when it is cold! The after sun sinks in nicely and it provides a lovely soft nourished feel to the skin, and really works to reduce the redness and the burn feeling you get, especially when you have clothing rubbing against your tender bits!
Overall I highly recommend the Clinique After Sun Balm with Aloe Vera, I have used some other (cheaper) after suns which haven't had as good an effect or left my skin feeling as soft and supple as this one does, it also leaves my face feeling soothed, moisturised but not greasy or sticky which is great as you can apply your make up over it.
If you are going on holiday (even if it's not somewhere super hot - I've used this after sun after a day in Blackpool!) then I'd absolutely advise you to have a tube of this on hand to soothe your sunned skin (but prevention is better than cure, use a good sunblock!)
Summary: A quality after sun
More reviews in the field of Sun Care
- Nivea Sun Baby Sunscreen
- Garnier Ambre Solaire New Sensitive Advanced 50+.
- St Moriz Instant Self Tan
- Smells lovely but definitely not mattifying.
- Lovely product for your body!
- Sizzle no more.
- St Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse: Great results at a quarter of the price!
- Garnier After Sun Lotion: Not as soothing as promised.
- The Sun has got his hat on
- Great Product
- Clarins Sun Control Stick Sun Sensitive Areas
- Decleor Aroma Sun Expert Collection
- Vita Liberata Intense Silken Mousse
- Decleor Self Tanning Milk For Face & Body
- Vita Liberata Sheer Silken Mousse
- Vita Liberata Deep Silken Touch for Body
- Vita Liberata Deep Silken Touch for Face
- Clarins Sun Care Soothing Cream
- Decleor High Repair After Sun Balm Face
- Clarins After Sun Replenishing Moisture Care