Product Type: Rimmel Sun Care
Newest Review: ... as it was a brand that I knew and had come to like, I thought that I owed it to Rimmel London to at least try their product before any no... more
Ain't no sunshine
Rimmel Sun Shimmer Compact
Member Name: walsha11
Rimmel Sun Shimmer Compact
Advantages: design, colour, hasn't cracked, cost, long lasting
Disadvantages: lid has broken, powder a little hard
I bought this sun shimmer bronzer a while ago after I stupidly dropped my bronzer and it cracked into a million tiny fragments.
I don't tend to wear bronzer all that much because I have pale freckly skin and it looks a little Nicola Roberts circa 2005. I do find though it is a useful cosmetic to own for those brief days of sun we get and for holidays. Because I get through it so slowly, using it infrequently, I don't tend to opt for an expensive brand as it's only an occasional item. This also means that if I lose it or break it, both of which are likely, then it won't matter all that much because it was cheap and can be easily replaced.
The bronzer comes in a fairly standard plastic compact. I have had bronzers from rimmel in the past which has a twist lid and these often crack, don't close properly and are a nightmare to travel with because they open so easily. This compact has a hinge, meaning the lid lifts open and clicks shut. This is much better because the lid is not detachable and clicks closed tightly you can safely travel with it without worrying about it opening. Though the plastic is relatively solid I have found that the hinge is not and my lid has since broken off. The lid can still click shut but it isn't as secure as before obviously. This is pretty annoying but because it's a cheap product and I've owned it for a while I am not overly bothered by this, it certainly wouldn't put me off buying it again.
The bronzer itself is a nice terracotta colour with a slight shimmer, this is what I would expect from a bronzer in terms of colour and shine and it works well for my skin despite the paleness of it. I prefer to use it on holidays once I have a little more of a glow otherwise it can be a little harsh. It is also available in shades other than light - for those of you blessed with darker complexions. The powder is relatively hard which means it is less likely to create dust or crack into pieces. This is a good thing though it can make it a little hard to pick up with the brush. I tend to have to press quite hard with my blusher brush which can be annoying, but as I use it rarely this doesn't bother me too much.
I have owned this bronzer for over a year now and am probably half way through the contents which seems reasonable for what is infrequent use. It costs roughly £5 which is also a decent price for something that I keep for such a long time. I'm sure there are better bronzers out there and if you are a regular user then invest in something better. But for holiday use and sunny days this is a perfectly good, affordable bronzer.
Not the best out there but good enough for my infrequent use.
Summary: A perfectly good bronzer for occasional use.
More reviews in the field of Sun Care
- St moriz - Is it as good as high end products?
- Just as good as the more expensive options!
- About as sun kissed as the British summer!
- Not just for kids!
- Perfect legs in an instant
- For that streaky look..
- This sunscreen floats my Banana Boat.
- Invisible protection from the sun...
- SUN SUN SUN..............here it co-omes !
- Easy, efficient and effective.
- Olay Complete Care Everyday Sunshine Moisturizer Face SPF15 Light Sun Kissed Glo ...
- Olay Complete Care Multi Radiance Radiant Glow Day Fluid SPF15 Normal/Oily
- Clarins Sun Control Stick Sun Sensitive Areas
- Olay Complete Care Day UV Cream SPF15 Sensitive
- Decleor Aroma Sun Expert Collection
- Clarins Sun Care Soothing Cream
- Decleor High Repair After Sun Balm Face
- Clarins After Sun Replenishing Moisture Care
- Olay Anti Wrinkle Provital Day Cream SPF15 Mature Skin
- Olay Anti Wrinkle Provital Day Fluid SPF15 Mature Skin