Product Type: Rimmel Sun Care
Newest Review: ... chemist, it may be cheaper elsewhere. I chose the meduim shimmer, as I have slightly darker skin anyways, and hoped the shimmer woul... more
Kissed By A Sun That Shimmers!
Rimmel Sun Shimmer Instant Tan
Member Name: beautybabiex
Rimmel Sun Shimmer Instant Tan
Advantages: golden glow to skin
Disadvantages: wash off
Tanorexic to the extreme right here. I cannot get enough of looking sun kissed no matter the weather! I have tried and tested every product on the market to make skin darker. I love using St Moriz for a general tan but for a night out I apply this over the top (just to make sure I looked tanned enough and NO I am not orange!). Its perfect for giving your tan a top up or if you're pale, just a little sun shimmer.
The tan comes in a bottle with a flip top lid at the bottom. It is a bronze colour with Sun Shimmer written up the side. It is quite a classic bottle and all information, instruction and ingredients are stated - you won't be left with a single question.
The product inside is a dark gel/cream and rubs onto the skin smoothly, it glides on and does not drag on the skin which is nice. I like the fact that its dark because you can make sure there are no streaks at all - I hate when I use white creams and the next morning I'm patchy and streaky!
To use the tanner, simply prep your skin by hopping in the bath and exfoliating (if its for a top up on the tan you already have you will still need this bit just don't scrub as hard). When you're nicely smoothed out, rub the tan all over your desired areas (or whole body) and allow yourself to try before putting clothes back on - you don't want stained clothes or a streaky body! I tend to use the face one all over my body as well as just my face too sometimes.
To rub in the tan, you can use your hand or a mitt. The tan makes your hands a little orange but as it is wash off - the colour never lasts long on your palms.
As this tan is instant, you see the results straight away and don't need to faff about waiting for a few hours. You could apply this on route to a club and it would be perfect (although not advised if you want an even tan!)
I love the way this product shimmers a little but not enough to look like you've taken a dip into glitter. The tan comes off with the help of some soap and scrubbing in the bath and keeps skin moisturised too so no dry bits to be expected.
The product can be purchased in Superdrugs, Boots and other drug stores/supermarkets. It costs around £2-£4 depending on special offers. I know the price changes a lot though.
In honesty, you cannot really go wrong with this product. Its perfect for giving yourself a sun kissed shimmer and isn't fiddly or awkward to apply. It looks natural and sure to pick up compliments!
Summary: yayyy fake tan that works!
More reviews in the field of Sun Care
- Good Sun Lotion, Not Always One Day Long!
- Bronzed, Beautiful and Budget friendly!
- Great body lotion leaving you with sunkissed skin....
- Same problematic smell after all these years.
- A top tanning product at a resonable price!!
- Nivea Aftersun
- The lip balm that tries to do too much?
- This product truly is magicool
- It does not get better than this this is the best moisturiser I have ever used !
- Sunkissed? More like Sunsoaked
- Garnier Ambre Solaire Kids Very High Sun Protection Stick SPF 50
- Optimum Super Antioxidant Grape SPF15 Day Cream
- Solait Lotion
- Biore Sarasara UV Perfect Face Milk Sunscreen
- Clarins Sun Self Tanners Delectable Self Tanning Mousse
- Garnier Ambre Solaire After Sun Doposole
- Garnier Ambre Solaire After Sun Soothing Hydrating Lotion
- Garnier Ambre Solaire After Sun 24h Moisturising Soothing Gel
- Garnier Ambre Solaire After Sun Hydrating Tan Maintainer
- Garnier Ambre Solaire Clear Protect Spray High SPF 50+