Product Type: Rimmel Sun Care
Newest Review: ... is very dark brown, when rubbed onto the skin it lightens as it is spread out. The tan needs to be applied evenly and less liberally on pl... more
Decent tan, beware of water after application tho!
Rimmel Sun Shimmer Instant Tan
Member Name: Frame
Rimmel Sun Shimmer Instant Tan
Date: 29/08/12, updated on 07/10/12 (14 review reads)
Advantages: Affordable, good colour
Disadvantages: you need to avoid rain!
This fake tan has been around for along time and is one of the best on this market at this price range (retails in chemists at around £5 although I think you can buy on internet for less.)
The product is a instant tan and is advertised to last up to 24 hours. Its comes in a number of different colours - light, medium and dark and you can also choose between a matte finish or a shimmer finish. This choice is important as personally when I am looking for a tan don't want it to look really fake - so I go for the medium matte which blends into my skin. (Whilst the "shimmer" finish is reasonably subtle it still looks a little too show biz for my taste!).
The product itself has the consistency of something between a gel and cream and its a dark orangey brown colour. Its looks a little scary when it goes on your skin at first because of the colour but once you start to spread it immediately becomes a normal natural tan colour. The fact that its coloured on application is really good - you can see what you are doing as you apply and you can manage the colour build up properly . As the tan is instant there are no nasty surprises with developing over three hours to turn you into am oompa lompa (which has happened me with the non instant colour!).
In terms of application its important to massage this across your skin if you just slap it on it it can streak -as with all fake tans. But if you take time to apply properly it gives a nice natural consistent colour. Another good thing is that there is no strong smell with this fan.
As a negative it's wash off tan so if you are caught in the rain its likely to get messy and wash off in patches where the rain hits, not great if you get caught in a rain downpour between your taxi and the pub!
And don't forget your glove/mits or you will end up with orange hands and be careful around the knees and elbows as this product can tend to gather there. On the whole though, a good buy.
Summary: Decent tan for the price
More reviews in the field of Sun Care
- Sun kissed and streak free
- Soothes your skin!
- Golden brown tan, one of the best on the high street, depending on how you apply ...
- I couldn't get it out!!!!
- Happy Holidays!
- A golden tan
- All ready for the heatwave??!
- Its beginning to look a lot like sum-mer.....
- Am I glowing yet?
- Gives me the confidence to get my legs out!
- whitetobrown self tan
- whitetobrown wash off instant tan
- Garnier Ambre Solaire No Streaks Bronzer Face Mist Original
- Garnier Ambre Solaire No Streaks Bronzer Self Tanning Dry Body Mist Medium
- L'Occitane Immortelle Anti Ageing Discovery Set
- Garnier Ambre Solaire No Streaks Bronzer Self tanning Mousse
- Garnier Ambre Solaire No Streaks Bronzer Self Tan Body Wipes
- Garnier Ambre Solaire No Streaks Bronzer Face Wipes Original
- L'Occitane Almond Delicious Paste
- L'Occitane Almond Supple Skin Oil