Product Type: Rimmel Sun Care
Newest Review: ... 24 hour Instant Tan a go. Usually I buy tan that has to develop overnight, with this it claimed to be instant. Morrisons charged me a... more
Decent Alternative to Fiddly Fake Tans
Rimmel Sun Shimmer Instant Tan
Member Name: msannabella
Rimmel Sun Shimmer Instant Tan
Date: 11/09/12, updated on 16/09/12 (12 review reads)
Advantages: Quick and easy, No horrible fake tan smell
Disadvantages: Can be streaky, stains hands
I have used this product several times when going on nights out or when I had to quickly tan my legs etc.
Rimmel Sun Shimmer is an instant self tan which means that it develops as soon as you wear it. It comes in a tube of 125ml. It has a flip lid and to dispense the product you just have to squeeze. It is available in 4 shades, a light and darker shade and a shimmer (which has a hint of glitter) and a matte product in each shade. To use the product, you just have to rub it in and the colour is instant. The manufacturer claims that it lasts for 24 hours and it won't rub off on clothes. It is available from most chemists or places which sell fake tan products.
I have used Rimmel Sun Shimmer Instant Tan when I have been going on a night out and not had time to tan with the developer Fake Tan products. It is a good quick fix and made my legs look a good bronzed colour but has to be rubbed in really well or you end up with streaks. You must also wear gloves when applying this or it stains your hands all night no matter how much you wash them as I found out to my cost! I prefer the matte finish as I found this was more natural but the shimmer shade would be good for a special occasion.
I found there was none of the usual biscuity smell you usually get with these products, which was a bonus. What also could be seen as a plus is that there is none of the messy business of stained sheets while waiting for it to develop and my sheets stayed clean all night, even on the times I had forgotten to wash it off before bed. It stayed on as long as advertised and didn't wash off with the rain. It only came off in the shower with a good soap. It did however stain the towel I used to dry myself afterwards.
All in all, I would say this product is good for what it is, a quick fix for a last minute tanning emergency.
Summary: Decent cheap quick fix tanner
More reviews in the field of Sun Care
- Golden brown tan, one of the best on the high street, depending on how you apply ...
- I couldn't get it out!!!!
- Happy Holidays!
- Decent tan, beware of water after application tho!
- A speedy tan!
- Give your skin a drink!
- My Summer Holiday Essential.
- Bye bye burnie
- It's a good idea but just doesn't really work!
- Bargain Tan!
- Garnier Ambre Solaire Kids Very High Sun Protection Stick SPF 50
- Aloe Pura Aloe Vera Sun Lotion SPF 15
- Optimum Super Antioxidant Grape SPF15 Day Cream
- UltraMist Aloe After Sun Spray Gel
- Solait Lotion
- Biore Sarasara UV Perfect Face Milk Sunscreen
- Collection 2000 Bronzing Souffle
- Avene Cleanance High Protection Sunscreen
- Clarins Sun Self Tanners Delectable Self Tanning Mousse
- Calypso Deep Tan Bronzing Gel SPF 2