Product Type: Rimmel Sun Care
Newest Review: ... personal preference. One of the great points about this tanner is that it is so easy to apply, it blends very easily and the colour can b... more
IVE BEEN TANGOED!!
Rimmel Sunshimmer Instant Tan Makeup
Member Name: bishopview
Rimmel Sunshimmer Instant Tan Makeup
Advantages: INSTANT TAN.
Disadvantages: LOOKED TOO FAKE ON ME (AND STREAKY)
Before a night out I like to have a nice tan to make me feel that little bit more glamorous. I am a real fan of fake tan and love st tropez. However, occasionally I try to save a bit of money by using new products that I can apply myself. This rimmel sunshimmer instant tan makeup is something that caught my eye when scouring the makeup counter for new ideas.
This product, sounds great as it offers you the opportunity to see the tanning lotion going on. I have used very many products in the past where you have to wait overnight to see the results devlop. But with this tan makeup you can see the results immediately. This is what appealed to me the most as sometimes I want a tanning makeup that I can put on last minute.
When opening this plastic bottle. I was impressed by the smell. It is a lot more pleasing than the normal tanning creams as it has a more perfumed scent to it. I love tanning wipes, but it has to be said they do smell. I think they smell quite like bovril!! and that is not really the alluring scent I am going for. However, this rimmel sunshimmer is much more pleasing to the nose. Although it still tends to get quite sickly after a while.
I was suprised by how dark the makeup was when it came out of the bottle. I have a fairly dark complexion, but this makeup did look a little too much like gravy browning for my liking. Although it sounds good in theory, I found it very difficult to apply without is looking messy. It really left the most orangy false look that did not suit my needs at all. The makeup, I found was very streaky. Maybe this is just due to my rubbish application skills but I did follow instructions.
I also found that despite washing my hands after application. the palms of my hands still held the telltale orange stains of false tan application. I was not at all happy with the result of this tan makeup. In my opinion it looked really cheap and unattractive. I would much rather look pasty and intresting that streaky and cheap. And in my experience this made me look streaky and cheap.
This sun shimmer is described as a natural looking tan. But, I would beg to differ as I thought I looked as if I had been tangoed!! I will never use this product again. There are so many positives going for this makeup. However, in my experience the actual product falls way short of the mark. I just think it is far too intense a colour and far too streaky to be any good.
Summary: NEVER AGAIN!!
More reviews in the field of Sun Care
- Elizabeth's expensive but effective
- The sun made another appearance but it will not last.
- A MUST FOR SELF TAN VIRGINS
- Stay Safe in the Sun
- Sun protection
- A lovely holiday to ireland
- Palmer's with a little extra
- Do not use primarily as a Sunscreen! But great for uneven skin tone.
- do you want to look like Marge Simpson? read on then!
- The sun has got his hat on, Hip hip hurray
- Burt's Bees Outdoor Aloe After Sun Soother
- Ahava Sun Protection Anti Aging Moisturising Spray SPF15
- Ahava Sun Protection Anti Aging Moisturizer SPF15
- Ahava Aftersun Rehydrating Balm Body & Face
- Garnier Ambre Solaire Aftersun Gel
- Garnier Ambre Solaire After Sun Refreshing Hydrating Spray
- BareMinerals Faux Tan Face Gradual Glow Sunless Tanner
- Clarins After Sun Replenishing Moisture Care
- Caudalie Anti Ageing Suncare SPF
- Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti Aging Triple Defense Shield Sunscreen SPF50