Product Type: Boots Sun Care
Newest Review: ... is priced at £5.49 at the moment, but this is half-price as Soltan products are currently on offer. Boots do seem to have frequent offers ... more
One of my summer essentials
Soltan Once Face SPF 30
Member Name: brady58
Soltan Once Face SPF 30
Advantages: Gives 8 hours of sun protection
With the nice weather that we have been having for the past few weeks I stocked up on some Soltan products when I was in boots as they were on a buy one get one free promotion when I was in.
I am generally a fan of soltan products as I believe they offer great protection for a not to astonomical price. I have been using my current bottle of once since last summer and there is still some in it so I won't have to use my new one's until my summer holiday so they last for ages.
The once face lotion is £9.99 and comes in a 50ml bottle. I really love the once range for both me and the kids as it is designed to only be applied once a day usually in the morning and it will give you 8 hours of protection from the sun.
The good thing about soltan is that it has 5 star UV protection and really protects from both the signs of sun damage that you can see with the eye and those that you can't actually see.
The face lotion actually looks like clay as opposed to a cream but it absorbs quite well and doesnt leave a horrible chalky residue on the skin. It can be quite shiny and greasy looking when it is first applied but this soon goes away and it leaves my skin feeling nice and soft.
I have never had a problem with my skin reacting whilst using it even though it is strongly perfumed.
Once I have the once face lotion on I really feel confident about going out in the sun and not worrying that I am going to get burnt. I don't doubt it lasts for the 8 hours given but if the sun is really strong I always re-apply after a few hours just to be on the safe side. To date I have never been burnt while wearing it even when spending long hours out in the sun.
I love the feeling that I no longe have to worry about reapplying every hour and it gives me the freedom to be able to go where I want in the sun without the fear of burning.
Obviously the fact that it stops the sun from causing damage to my skin at a cellular level which causes ageing is a bonus too.
It also doesn't leave my skin looking white like a lot of sunscreens and is almost unnoticable when it is on.
Although you only need to apply it once in 8 hours you will need to re-apply if you go swimming or towel vigorously. It has a water resistance formula but this is only really appropriate for sweat and not a full on swim in the sea.
Only a small amount is needed, the bottle says one teaspoon to cover the entire face and neck so the 50 ml bottle should last quite a long time.
I think that Soltan once face is brilliant and it is defintely one of my summer essentials.
Summary: One of my summer essentials
More reviews in the field of Sun Care
- Gradual, natural looking tan!
- Avoiding orange hands!
- Nice moisturiser post sun
- When the Sun has Set, It's time to Sparkle!!
- A high quality suncare spray for whenever the sun decides to make a reappearance ...
- My little pot of Natural High
- Garnier Ambre Solaire Resisto Kids Spray
- Catchin' some rays safely
- Sun , Sand, Sea and Sun Cream
- Protection for babies skin
- Uvisport SPF 50 Lipscreen
- Vaseline Lip Therapy Sun Protection
- Garnier Ambre Solaire After Sun Intensive Restoring Lotion
- Soltan Invisible Dry-Touch Transparent Suncare Spray
- Lancaster Infinite Bronzer Face Bronzer Sunny SPF 6
- Clinique Repairwear Uplifting Firming Cream SPF 15
- St Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mist
- Boots Vitamin E SPF 15 Eye Cream
- Marks & Spencer The Floral Collection Talcum Powder
- L'Oreal Glam Bronze Duo Powder