Product Type: St Moriz Sun Care
Newest Review: ... The tan itself is so dark! I opted for the medium tanning lotion, so I expected it to be quite light, but the tan liquid itself looks ve... more
Not a good look
St.Moriz Self Tanning Lotion
Author Name: ruby_xo
St.Moriz Self Tanning Lotion
Advantages: see review
Disadvantages: see review
A couple of days ago while I was rating reviews I came across a review about this tanning mousse, St Moriz. The review was a very positive one saying how great this mousse is.
You can see the bottle in the picture, and those of us who are familiar with fake tans will know this bottle is blantantly copying the bottle design shown on St Tropez bottles. The place I bought this from is Home Bargains, and when it first caught my eye I actually did think it was St Tropez which is why I walked over to it. Then I remembered the review I'd read, so as it was only £2.99 I decided I might as well give it a go.
Now, I have quite pale skin and this is a very dark brown. I used it to do my legs last night and this morning they look well, its not a good look.
I found this quite hard to rub in at the back so now its all streaky and it looks really terrible. The colour is way too dark for my normal skin tone and you can just tell its fake straight away. If you're looking for a more natural tan like I usually prefer then this is not for you!
THINGS I LIKE ABOUT THE PRODUCT...
I like the low price of this tan. It was only £2.99 from Home Bargains.
I also like how its a mousse tan, instead of the usual sprays or lotions you can buy. Although I must say it is a very runny type of mousse and you do have to shake the bottle before you can get it to come out as a mousse.
I also like how this smells. It isn't too strong or overpowering.
THINGS I DON'T LIKE ABOUT THE PRODUCT
I mentioned the bottle design - it's not so much that I don't like how it looks, but I don't really like the design of it because it leaks if you don't store it upright. In the bag I put this in after buying it, it wasn't upright for most of the journey home and so it leaked all over everything. I noticed on the shelf that some had leaked, too, so it couldn't have just been that mine was a faulty one.
The colour of the tan - it is just too dark and doesn't look natural. If you've got pale skin then don't go there.
Do I recommend this? No I do not.
Summary: When will I ever find the perfect self tan - this isn't it
More reviews in the field of Sun Care
- Ambre solaire no streaks bronzer
- Magicool is Verycool
- Welcome to the land of make believe
- Satiny, but not so glowing...
- The best self tan, Ive ever tried
- Admit it, us Brits love a good moan!
- Keep that bronzed look
- A good product but needs frequent application
- Get the perfect tan without the damage.
- Premium, Perfect Protector..!
- Garnier Ambre Solaire Kids Very High Sun Protection Stick SPF 50
- Optimum Super Antioxidant Grape SPF 15 Day Cream
- Solait Sun Oil Spray Silky Texture SPF 6
- UltraMist Aloe After Sun Spray Gel
- Clarins Sun Self Tanners Delectable Self Tanning Mousse
- Vita Liberata Rich Silken Chocolate For Face
- Vita Liberata 24ct Silken Shimmer
- Clinique Body Tinted Lotion Medium -Deep
- Vita Liberata Deep Silken Touch for Face
- Shiseido Daily Bronze Moisturising Emulsion