Product Type: Vaseline Sun Care
Newest Review: ... £1. The packaging is smart - silver foil vacuum-sealed - easy to tear open & easy enough to use - but, oh dear - the smell is awful... more
Once you've got the knack, its a doddle
Member Name: pussycat
Date: 13/07/00, updated on 13/07/00 (2494 review reads)
Advantages: Cheap, not a bad colour
Disadvantages: Takes a few tries to get the hang of applying it
Now I hate to fly in the face of prevailing opinion but I actually found this to be quite good. The first time that I used it I did come out rather streaky but the colour was good - not too dark (v. fair skinned, me) so I set about working out how to avoid the streaks. Now, I know this is going to sound strange but if you open the whole towel out and wrap it around your leg and sort of rotate it (the towel not your leg!) it comes out nice and even. Its even better if you can persuade someone else to do it for you - my long suffering partner was pressganged into action recently and the result was excellent.
So, as far as I'm concerned, its a winner. The colour comes through really quickly, it doesn't smell too bad compared to other tanning products and was quite easily covered by a squirt of perfume and its soooo cheap. For all these benefits, I was prepared to waste a few tantowels working out the best way of applying it (not to mention wearing trousers in a heatwave when I got it wrong) and am now really happy with the result.
But don't listen to me - give it a try - at £1.50 per towel, which is plenty for both legs, you can't lose.
More reviews in the field of Sun Care
- No.7 Tan & Tint for the Face.
- Great tan for the money!
- Lancome spray as opposed to the milk
- Nivea Sun Vitamin E after sun lotion
- WATERMELON FAKE TAN
- Soltan Beautiful Bronze Self-Tan Dry Mist Spray
- Boots Soltan Sun Lotion With Insect Repellant
- Works at a Price
- Sun protection for me WHEN the sun appears again!
- You can't resisto wearing sun screen when its easy like this.
- Boots Soltan Moisturising Suncare Stick
- Garnier Ambre Solaire After Sun Aloe Vera Gel
- Creightons Bronze Ambition Tanning Cream
- Delp Aftersun Glitter Gel
- Superdrug Essential Spray
- Simple Sun Sensitive Moisturising Aftersun Lotion
- TanTruth Lotion Self Tan with Colour Guide
- Nivea Moisturising Sun Spray SPF30
- Dr. Sebagh Sun City Protection SPF30
- Avon Bronze Anti Shine Face Cream SPF20/Sun Screen Stick SPF30