* Prices may differ from that shown
So im a big fan of fake tanning as im naturally extreamly pale, and dont want to use sunbeds due to the bad things that come with it. I'v experimented with many different tans, only really tried two face tans though, and this one is my favourite.
Whats It All About?
With fake tanning, time and care is always advisable, as well as using the right products for the right jobs. Using just normal tan on the face can easilly become uneven and patchy, this is where this product comes in. Its specially developed for using on the face, meaning its much more delicate to the skin and also the actual tan isn't over the top dark, as having a darker face to the rest of your body ISN'T a good look!
Hows It Looking?
It has a quite simple, yet high quality looking packaging. Its main colour is white, with 'Xen-Tan' sideways on the front of the tube in gold. Its name 'Face Tanner Luxe' is also in gold, but written smaller. also on the front is a bronze half sun like image, and four pieces of information about the product which are:* New Time Release Ingredient (Have not tried previous so cant compare)
* More DHA And New Fresh Vanilla Scent (DHA is a tanning ingredient)
* Sheer Instant Colour
* Self-Tan in three Hours
On the back of the bottle is extra information such as:* Its an anti-oxidant complex comined with Vit E and shea butter.
* Can wear alone or under make-up.
* Wait three hours before showering or swimming.
* Product does not contain sunscreen.
How Was It?
So at first i unscrew the tube ( not a fan of the screw lid as it means mess easily develops around the tip). As i sqeeze out the face tan, I found it did feel slightly oily, but only slightly. Then I would find it best to dap around face and neck with fingertips, then rub it all in. I did have to spend a couple of minutes rubbing it in to get it absorbed, but it feels nice like a face massage so i didn't mind! Wash hands after and therre you go, face tan applied. I also advise using a cotton bud and just blending around the hair line and eyebrows to prevent build up. The tan does have an instant glow which does look nice, not too fake looking or mucky, like some can look. And my face does feel very smooth, again a slighly bit oily, but smooth also. So, finally are you thinking, does it develop as quick as it says? Well, i found it does! So yay, a product that doesnt lie when it says what it does. Thumbs up all round from me, and its lasts a good few days too, I reapply every other day at the most. Highly recomended from me.
I bought this face tanner at the same time as buying the one for the body (which I have reviewed seperately) as I wasn't sure whether you could put the body one on the face or not, either way I am glad I bought this as I wasn't overly impressed with the body one but this is quite good...
There are first of all a couple of criticisms;
1) The underlying colour is orange - Whilst the main claim of Xen Tan is that their products do not leave you orange like others do due to their olive base, in actual fact they do. It's not an awful bright orange like many tanning products make you, it's actually quite a nice colour but nevertheless it is not completely natural looking like it says, you will look like you've fake tanned, not like you've been to the Caribbean!
2) It smells like biscuits - Pretty much all fake tanning products have this same odd smell, but this one claims not to, therefore it is annoying that it does! When you are applying it the smell is lovely, like chocolate, but after an hour or so the unmistakable same old fake tan smell is noticeable.
3) It doesn't last long - It is supposed to be longer lasting than other fake tans, but I have found this only last for a maximum of 2 days which is fairly standard.
Having said all of this, the face tanner is much better than the body tanner and has some plus points;
1) The application is very easy, it feels moisturising and sinks in easily.
2) It gives a slight instant colour as well as building up colour over a few hours (the minimum recommendation to leave it on for is 3 hours but from experience I would suggest a bit longer, or even overnight, is better).
3) Once applied although it gives a bit of colour straight away it doesn't look streaky like some can when you first apply them; you can easily wear it during the day under a bit of make up.
4) It gives a streak free result, really nice and even and it blends in well at the edges of your face, under the chin etc.
All in all I am pretty happy with this product and will most likely buy it again; the negative points are common with all fake tanning products really and the only reason I mention them is because this is quite a costly product, I paid £14.99, so it is irritating that it doesn't do exactly as it says it is supposed to.
Introducing the Xen-Tan Face Tanner Luxe / Transform your face into a bronzed god or goddess this season! / '