Product Type: Xen-Tan Sun Care
Newest Review: ... and also the actual tan isn't over the top dark, as having a darker face to the rest of your body ISN'T a good look! Hows It Looking? ... more
Xen Tan your face
Xen Tan Face Tanner Luxe
Member Name: kissandmakeup
Xen Tan Face Tanner Luxe
Advantages: Easy application, streak free, gives instant colour
Disadvantages: Costly, doesn't last long
I bought this face tanner at the same time as buying the one for the body (which I have reviewed seperately) as I wasn't sure whether you could put the body one on the face or not, either way I am glad I bought this as I wasn't overly impressed with the body one but this is quite good...
There are first of all a couple of criticisms;
1) The underlying colour is orange - Whilst the main claim of Xen Tan is that their products do not leave you orange like others do due to their olive base, in actual fact they do. It's not an awful bright orange like many tanning products make you, it's actually quite a nice colour but nevertheless it is not completely natural looking like it says, you will look like you've fake tanned, not like you've been to the Caribbean!
2) It smells like biscuits - Pretty much all fake tanning products have this same odd smell, but this one claims not to, therefore it is annoying that it does! When you are applying it the smell is lovely, like chocolate, but after an hour or so the unmistakable same old fake tan smell is noticeable.
3) It doesn't last long - It is supposed to be longer lasting than other fake tans, but I have found this only last for a maximum of 2 days which is fairly standard.
Having said all of this, the face tanner is much better than the body tanner and has some plus points;
1) The application is very easy, it feels moisturising and sinks in easily.
2) It gives a slight instant colour as well as building up colour over a few hours (the minimum recommendation to leave it on for is 3 hours but from experience I would suggest a bit longer, or even overnight, is better).
3) Once applied although it gives a bit of colour straight away it doesn't look streaky like some can when you first apply them; you can easily wear it during the day under a bit of make up.
4) It gives a streak free result, really nice and even and it blends in well at the edges of your face, under the chin etc.
All in all I am pretty happy with this product and will most likely buy it again; the negative points are common with all fake tanning products really and the only reason I mention them is because this is quite a costly product, I paid £14.99, so it is irritating that it doesn't do exactly as it says it is supposed to.
Summary: A decent product, bit overpriced but does a decent job
More reviews in the field of Sun Care
- Smells devine
- Rimmel Sun shimmer instant tan!
- Fake Bake spray (airbrush) tan
- St moriz fake tan mousse
- The pale girls dream!!!!
- Not sure what all the fuss is about...
- Moisturising and Protecting Skin
- Flashing the flesh under the sun with no fear of burning
- There's nothing worse than having pink bits
- Olay complete care multiradiance moisturising lotion
- Aloe Pura Aloe Vera Sun Lotion SPF 15
- Piz Buin Allergy Lotion 50+
- Collection 2000 Bronzing Souffle
- Avene Cleanance High Protection Sunscreen
- Calypso Deep Tan Bronzing Gel SPF 2
- Green People Organic Children Sun Lotion SPF25 No Scent
- Green People Day Solution Skin Defence Moisturiser SPF15
- Green People No Scent Sun Lotion SPF25
- Green People Organic Children Aloe Vera Lotion & After Sun
- Green People Organic Children Sun Lotion SPF25 Lavender