Product Type: Canderel Sweets
Newest Review: ... dispense the tablets you simply click the button once and one tablet comes out. Canderel is made from Aspartamine. I only take sugar in... more
I'm not sweet enough obviously...
Member Name: dreamer87
Advantages: Less calorific than sugar
Disadvantages: May have unknown health implications as artificial ingredients
I have recently dropped a few pounds in weight and want to continue to get trim for the summer and look good at all the weddings we have been invited to! One little change I have made is not having sugar in my tea and coffee. I can drink both tea and coffee without sugar or sweetener but when I fancy a sweeter drink I'll add a Canderel sweetener as it contains a lot less calories than cane sugar.
Each sweetener is in a small pill form, white in colour and easily lost if you don't aim it right in the cup! They do not contain any calories so it's a good way to sweeten your drinks without having to worry about your calorie consumption. A spoonful of sugar can be 30 odd calories and these soon add up if you are drinking tea and coffee throughout the day with two sugars like I used to!
You can get them in little dispensers of 100 or 300 and they usually work out at less than a penny a pill.
Many people worry about the health side affects of the ingredients in these sweeteners and as they are all artificial ingredients I wouldn't want to be consuming a lot of these so I have them as a treat when I fancy a sweeter coffee etc.
Some of the ingredients on the back are -
Acesulfame - K
They also contain lactose from milk so beware if you have allergies.
I wouldn't recommend these sweeteners for regular consumption as I believe they are too new a product for us to see any long term damage on our bodies from them. I'm happy to use these as an occasional treat in my hot drinks though.
The taste does take a bit of getting used to and does taste artificial compared to normal sugar.
Thank you for reading x
Summary: Once in a while won't hurt
More reviews in the field of Sweets
- Sweets for my sweets, canderel for my cuppa!
- Fruity and Chewy!
- Pigless piggies, yummy!
- In no form, at no time
- Inexpensive cough sweets - unusual taste but no worse that lots of others.
- What the devil are they?
- Hang on, these aren't bon bons!
- Mint selection but a bit too fancy and sweet for my liking
- Maynards Sours - what have they done to them??
- I was a runt the last time I had these!
- Leschanz Klimt Pralines XL
- Leschanz Flower Children
- Leschanz Confectionary With Love
- Leschanz Confectionary The Large One
- Blaschke Original Austrian Little Coconut Chocolate Cakes
- Monty Bojangles Strawberries and Cream
- Monty Bojangles Foam Mushrooms
- Monty Bojangles Pear Drops
- Monty Bojangles Fizzy Cola Bottles
- Monty Bojangles White Mice