Product Type: Barratt Sweets
Newest Review: ... just walk in to you local newsagents and get a bag weighed out, the Barrett Frosties are by far the best alternative that you can easily... more
Like cola cube's but round
Member Name: buggyboy
Advantages: Very tasty
Disadvantages: Can stick in your teeth
Barrett Frosties are based on one of the all time best sweets out there, the Cola Cube! Barretts are probably best known for there sherbet dips, fruit salads and black jacks. They are what I would class as a traditional sweet maker.
With the number of traditional sweet shops on the decline it is sometimes difficult to get your hands on some of the old school sweets that you used to have as a child. One of my regular sweets was the cola cube. As you cannot just walk in to you local newsagents and get a bag weighed out, the Barrett Frosties are by far the best alternative that you can easily buy today.
The tube packets are not very big, contain around 10 sweets and are about 15p. You can find them in most newsagents and supermarkets, making them easy to come by.
They taste just like cola cubes, but they are not cubed, they are round hard boiled frosted sweets, and have the obligatory sticky centre that always sticks to your teeth just like the cola cubes do.
Sugur, glucose syrup, citric acid, natural flavour, acidity regulator (sodium citrate).
I have to say that I don't eat them all of the time due to the fact that if I eat loads, when I suck them (because of the frosted coating) it leaves my tongue and the roof of my mouth feeing a bit worse for wears, and of course it is not very attractive to be picking the sticky bits out of your teeth when you are around others. But saying this I do really enjoy them when I have a little packet.
Summary: Most enjoyable
More reviews in the field of Sweets
- Found only in random places
- Cream Eggs For Little People???
- Only 2 calories
- A Fruity blast from the past
- They've shrunk!
- Hang on, these aren't bon bons!
- Nothing on Parma Violets
- More like the Candy Prince than the King!
- Maynards Sours - what have they done to them??
- I was a runt the last time I had these!
- Mazet De Montargis Praslines Box
- Pré De La Bataille Apple Stick Sugar
- Tasty France Little Bear Marshmallow
- Tasty France Little Bear Marshmallows
- Tasty France Little Bear Marshmallows Moulin Rouge Box
- Jack Daniels Whiskey Fudge
- Sainsbury's Basics Clear Mints
- Starburst Smooth Stick
- Bassetts Refreshers
- WeightWatchers Butterscotch Drops