Product Type: Haribo Sweets
Newest Review: ... if you don't chew on them, they do eventually melt away which is nice. Considering Haribo is aimed at kids, I am surprised at how big t... more
Nasty smeel and nasty tase
Member Name: faders321
Advantages: Haribo is a good quality company
Disadvantages: Smell and taste bad
I really like both marshmallows and Haribo so when Haribo bought out their own brand of marshmallows called Chamallows. I have no idea why they chose this name, it seems kind of weird to me but oh well.
They come in a purple plastic packet with a clear bit in the middle so that you can see through to the pink and white marshmallows inside. Haribo is written at the top in pink and Chamallows is written at the bottom in white. On the back are the ingredients and all the necessary nutritional information. Each 175g packet costs £1.20 which is a lot more expensive than supermarkets own version but then again they are Haribo so I expected them to be expensive.
These marshmallows have a really nasty smell, sort of like chemicals, yuck. I wasn't too keen on the taste either they didn't taste very nice either, again sort of like chemicals and too sweet. I really didn't like them. The texture didn't seem to be right either they were a bit to sticky, not something I like.
Not only do they smell and taste bad but they also contain loads of sugar! I'm trying to cut back on sugar so I didn't eat to many, be careful or you could end up with rotten teeth. However on the positive side they are free from nuts, milk, Soya and gluten.
Overall a 4 out of 10 for being allergy safe.
Summary: Best to stick to the cheaper nicer alternatives
More reviews in the field of Sweets
- Dolly Mixture, needs a better ingredients mixture
- Magnificent Munchable Maoam!!
- Dipped Flakeyness
- You can do all sorts of things with them, just don't eat them!
- LET'S GO TO FOX'S DARK SIDE
- What the devil are they?
- Maynards Sports Mixture
- Hang on, these aren't bon bons!
- Mint selection but a bit too fancy and sweet for my liking
- kinder egg in a bar - best thing since sliced bread!
- Rose Tango Shock Rocks Popping Candy
- Rose King Tango Giant Liquid Candy Spray
- Monty Bojangles Fruit Jellies
- Tootsie Sugar Babies
- Wonka Toffee Apple Bar
- Sweets 'n' Candy Sweet Peanuts
- Sweets 'n' Candy Toffee Bon Bons
- Sweets 'n' Candy Treacle Toffee
- Sweets 'n' Candy Super Shrimps
- Sweets 'n' Candy Sugared Almonds