Product Type: Haribo Sweets
Newest Review: ... if you don't chew on them, they do eventually melt away which is nice. Considering Haribo is aimed at kids, I am surprised at how big t... more
Little clouds of sweetness
Member Name: Zoidberg
Advantages: Not too sickly sweet, fat free, taste great, nice texture,
Disadvantages: Full of sugar
These are lovely foamy marshmallows, that taste amazing. They are not sickly sweet, but are sweet enough and have a lovely soft coating which is a bonus. I hate the cheap marshmallows from other shops/brands that have too much icing sugar on the outside that dries them out and causes the outer layer to get a weird cracked skin that does not give a great texture in your mouth - this is definitely not the case with these sweets. There is a lovely satiny outside, but when you bite into them, they give you a lovely silky, sticky, light, gooey surprise.
They come in two colours, white and pink, but both taste the same. They are a reasonable size, larger than most other brands. The major plus to these is that they are fat free, but the down side is that they are mostly made of sugar, but with sugar being easier to burn than fat, this is better I suppose.
I bought these mainly for two things:
1) For a topping for hot chocolate. The marshmallows melted slowly giving a lovely rich, velvelty head to my hot choclate which when stirred resulted in my hot chocolate tasting better giving it a silky, not too sweet, creamy flavour.
2) For toasting. These are the king of toasting marshmallows. They are so large and spongy so stay on your fork for ages, and give a great carmelised crust whilst staying gooey and soft in the middle.
Summary: One of the best marshmallows I've tasted
- Tuck Shop Cola Bottles
- Tuck Shop Bubblegum Pencils
- Tuck Shop Fizzy Cola Bottles
- Tuck Shop Fizzy Grizzlies
- Tuck Shop Double Headed Worms
- Giant Chupa Chups Lollipop
- Jelly Belly Bean Boozled
- Chupa Chups Sugar Free Relax
- Scrumptious Vegetarian & Vegan Vanilla & Coconut Marshmallows
- Haribo Super Sour Monsters