Product Type: Mars Sweets
Newest Review: ... and the spin off they have introduced is an absolutely horrid one that goes by the name of Starburst Choozers. Choozers were advertised as... more
Choose a Choozer
Member Name: hopey123
Advantages: Mouth watering
Disadvantages: gone too soon
Starburst was originally called opal fruits and that's what I still see them as, But saying that these new flavoured starburst choozers are certainly a new idea. A sweet with a liquid centre made from fruit juice. Opal fruits but now Starburst are a product from Mars.
They come in a tube of about 10 individually wrapped sweets, each wrapped in a waxy type paper. They are oval shaped unlike normal starbust being square. The tube wrapper is a bright pink/red colour with starburst written along it and pictures of the 3 different sweets inside.
The flavours are Apple & Orange, Raspberry & Orange and Mango & orange. The sweets are orange green or pink so obviously orange is the mango, green the apple and pink the raspberry flavours.
Warning!! if you don't like oranges then I'd avoid these sweets.
On the outside these sweets look like normal chews but hidden in the middle is a smooth wonderful tasting fruit juice liquid. I love these as the liquid centre makes my mouth water as it tastes so nice and the flavour is just right without being too intense. They aren't too chewy so dont stick to the teeth like toffee.
My favourite is the mango one, unfortunately my son seems to like this one best too so fight to grab the orange coloured ones first.
Each tube weighs 41g and contains 162 calories, averaging about 16 calories per sweet.
These are available in big 150g bags priced around £1.40 as well as these tubes at an average price of 50p.
You are likely to find these in co op stores and local newsagent shops. Tesco do sell them but not all of the other supermarkets stock them.
On the whole this work out at good value and provide you with some fruit :-)
Summary: Taste really nice and can be enjoyed by adults and children alike.
More reviews in the field of Sweets
- The mint with the hole that will leave your teeth with holes.
- Never mind tangfastic these are cherrytastic.
- The hidden Gem of snacks
- Lovely Cherry Sweets
- Great sweets for sharing!
- I'm a Percy Pig alright!
- Light and fluffy, like a cloud on your toast!
- Cofresh Soft Handmade Coconut Bar
- Spreadable Marshmallow Lovely!
- ~ * Mmm Mallows! * ~
- My Candy Shop Liquorice Whirls
- Kingsway Spearmint Chews
- Candy Inc Spearmint Chews
- My Candy Shop Liquorice Satins
- My Candy Shop Jelly Spogs
- Treasure Island Green Sugared Almonds
- Treasure Island Herbal Tablets
- Treasure Island Happy Tatoo Bubble Gum
- Treasure Island Gum Powder Bubblegum
- Treasure Island Gudrun Truffles Box