Newest Review: ... after coming home on the bus (yuck) I was stressed, tired and vaguely irritated. Nothing soothed me as much as the process of boiling water... more
Tea in general
Member Name: shakeitout
Tea in general
Advantages: price, varieties, effects on the body
Disadvantages: effects on the body (depending on the individual and location of that individual at any given time)
Tea is the new 'in' thing. Forget your traditional builders tea! You can steep just about anything and create something that could shake off an army.
Ever since I travelled to Bolivia and became hooked on Cinammon Tea, I have stopped taking milk with my regular Tea. I don't drink coffee or respond well to stimulants so will often have a de-caff in the evening (Apparently a strong cup of tea can have just as much caffeine in it as coffee!)
So what other tea do I like? Well I've tried various flavoured green teas but they leave a lot to be desired in term of flavour. The aroma is heavenly but the tea tastes just like hot water! I am currently drinking Dandelion Tea as I have heard this is good for water retention (as an occasional underwear model, retaining water is not a good look on camera!) A former housemate of mine only used tea leaves; the preparation is slightly longer but it is definitely worth the wait. The strongest brew I have had!
Why just this weekend I had a Ginseng and Blackcurrant Tea at Cafe Rouge - very posh indeed!
For me, tea is calming, it can feel quite cleansing (maybe just a placebo effect based on all the hype about green teas!), and its quite filling for very little money! I also find tea helps with constipation.
So tea maybe something we drink with milk and get laughed at by the rest of the world for doing, but its not the be all and end all. So next time you're in the supermarket, try something different and be opened up to a whole new world of hot drinks! Now if only they could invent a way of tea staying warmer for longer...
More reviews in the field of Tea
- i love tea
- Tetley Redbush tea - a sweet hydrating tea but rather expensive!
- Bergamot isn't everyone's cup of tea.
- What a lovely cuppa!
- Tea wi' 'owt taken out!
- Hmmm.... fine if you like to drink in the smell of sweaty socks
- Bringing you a proper brew!
- Green Tea: Not the most pleasant drink in the world
- Twinings Peppermint Tea - It's Not For Me
- Lemon teabags, but wheres the lemon?
- Stash Mellow Moments Herbal
- Choice English Breakfast Black Tea
- Wissotzky Lord Grey Tea
- Dr Stuarts Triple Ginseng Plus Herbal Tea
- Organic India Tea India Breakfast
- In Nature Pure Puerh Tea
- Tea Nation English Breakfast Tea
- Tea Palace Finest Darjeeling Black
- Simpli-Special Tea Green Jasmine with Flowers Natural
- Tea Palace Jasmine Silver Needles White