Newest Review: ... after coming home on the bus (yuck) I was stressed, tired and vaguely irritated. Nothing soothed me as much as the process of boiling water... more
Tea in general
Member Name: oChrisoCo
Tea in general
Advantages: smooth, relaxing, comforting
Disadvantages: doesn't give me the kick I need in the morning
Before I went to University I used to drink only tea. However, the lifestyle forced me to coffee for a bit more of a kick awake in the morning. However, sometimes you can't help but want to sit down with a cup of tea just to unwind.
Tea is much better at controlling caffeine distribution through the day. Basically instead of a huge kick of caffeine like coffee, it releases more slowly and steadily. Therefore if I know I have a long day ahead I might have a quick coffee just to pick me up and a tea aswell knowing it will keep me going after my coffee surge. Definetly no caffeine free here!
I find that the best time to drink tea is when I'm unwell. It is not as bitter as coffee so you don't feel as sick trying to drink it, as it has a much smoother taste. Nothing beats a warm mug of tea in the hands with the hot steam hitting your face and a nice warm drink soothing your throat. Definetly something I like to savour a bit more than the rush of a coffee in the morning.
For the adventurous out there I have one final suggestion. Wan't the best of both worlds? Try putting a tea bag and some coffee into the same cup and then make your cup as usual. Personally I thought the tea counteracted the bitterness of the coffee and since I am clearly a caffeine addict I got the benefits of both. Feel free to try it and let me know what you think.
Summary: Perfect for times of illness or to properly relax
More reviews in the field of Tea
- Nice with ice - Liptons Lemon Ice Tea
- Clipper Tea - Great Everyday Brew
- Soothingly Warming with a Side Order of Lemon
- quite a strong cinnamon taste
- Add another one to the pot
- What's Not to Love
- Its amazing what a touch of honey can do to this drink!
- Refreshing Tea
- PG tea - how good is it?
- Chill out - with hot Peppermint Tea
- Ahmad Earl Grey Tea
- English Tea Shop Rooibos Chocolate Vanilla
- Revolution Tea Earl Grey Lavender Tea
- Revolution Tea Honeybush Caramel Rooibos Herbal
- Revolution Tea Golden Chamomile Herbal
- A vogel Tea Jan de Vries
- Clipper Fairtrade Everyday One Cup Tea
- Clipper Fairtrade Green Tea with Echinacea
- Clipper Fairtrade Green Tea with Gingko
- Clipper Fairtrade Green Tea with Ginseng