Newest Review: ... after coming home on the bus (yuck) I was stressed, tired and vaguely irritated. Nothing soothed me as much as the process of boiling water... more
There's No "Tea" In "Teeth"
Tea in general
Member Name: miwa
Tea in general
Date: 09/01/13, updated on 27/06/13 (72 review reads)
Advantages: Sweet nectar
Disadvantages: Holes in my teeth...
From the Oriental tea ceremony to the half-time cuppa during the footie finals, experience with tea can be as personal or as general, as everyday or mystical, as one chooses. Today I wanted to talk about my own experience.
It started when I was about 12 years old. I had just started high school and after coming home on the bus (yuck) I was stressed, tired and vaguely irritated. Nothing soothed me as much as the process of boiling water, chucking a teabag in a mug, wait for it to brew while I changed into my pyjamas, and after adding about seven sugars, I would finally feel alive again. My relationship with tea lasted throughout high school, but unfortunately, this year, my 19th, tragedy struck:
I got my first cavity.
Now my dentist said, sans evil grin, that I should stop having sugar in my tea. This was a blow. Have you ever tasted tea without sugar? Maybe you have. Maybe you like it that way (sicko). But going from 2 sugars and milk to just milk tea is an excruciating trial of disgust and anger. I couldn't stomach it. Oh, I tried. Many minutes of toil went in to trying to finish a cup of tea. I have wrinkles, I'm sure, from the facial expressions I made.
I couldn't do it. I just couldn't. Faced between the choice between sweet sweet British tea and the dentist's drill, I chose to preserve my teeth ahead of my culture. Some may call me a fool. Some, a defeatist. For me, I say all I can say: goodbye, tea. Now you're just a beverage that I used to drink.
Summary: A swansong
More reviews in the field of Tea
- Christmas in a Cup
- A Subtle Soft And Silently Sintilating Tea That Will Tingle On The Tongue
- Ahh that's Tetley
- A fragrant and delicate blend!
- Twinnings Earl Grey - it has really grown on me!
- Twinings Rose Tea - the main example of why roses should stay in the garden!
- A Good Bog Standard Green Tea with Lemon
- Tetleys Redbush Tea
- Licorice Organic Tea - a Sweet Calorie-free hit!
- Green Cup of Natural Fair Goodness
- English Tea Shop Calming Blend
- English Tea Shop Super Berries
- Taylors of Harrogate Ntingwe Kwazulu
- Canton Tea Superior English Breakfast
- All About Tea Lemon
- Clipper Fairtrade Everyday Two Cup Tea
- Cotswold Health Products Red Sage Tea
- Cotswold Health Products Raspberry Leaf Tea
- Cotswold Health Products Nettle Leaf Tea
- Cotswold Health Products Dandelion Leaf Tea