Product Type: Tesco Tea
Newest Review: ... at all after paying out just 27p for a bag of 80 of them! Only available from Tesco stores. This review is also posted on Ciao under th... more
Complete waste of 29p
Tesco Value Tea Bags
Member Name: headsore
Tesco Value Tea Bags
Advantages: Dead cheap
Disadvantages: No flavour AT ALL
We have been trying some of Tesco's own brand tea bags. These are 'proper' cheapy cheap tea bags and they only cost us 29p for a massive 80 bags!! I was well impressed with the price - who wouldn't be? But, the taste test was yet to come.
The rather plain looking box of tea bags weighs in at 250g and the bags themselves look nothing special. I boiled the kettle and made the tea as usual. We tend not to mess about with tea pots in our house - I just bung a bag in a clean cup and chuck hot water over it and let it wait for about 3 minutes before removing it and adding a tiny splash of milk.
I am not sure what sort of tea leaves Tesco are using for these bags exactly, in fact, I am not even sure they are TEA leaves, as such. Upon waiting the usual 3 minutes and then adding the milk, all I was left with in my cup was what looked like a cup of MILK! I then proceeded to put the bag back into the cup and mash it about a bit, hoping that some flavour might actually escape out of the pathetic looking teabag. It didn't!
The tea continued to look very pale and milky and not at all like something I wanted to drink. It smelled odd too. I tasted it, to give it the benefit of the doubt but it tasted a little bit like slightly bitter milk.
I gave a cup to my dear other half and she hated it so much she couldn't actually finish off the cup. We tried a few more bags, thinking that possibly the first few had been 'duds' - they weren't! Every single cup we made tasted the same.
Using 2 bags at a time in one cup does not make the slightest bit of difference, either. We tried that and still we could get no actual flavour of tea from the bags.
These tea bags were a massive disappointment. I have taken them into the office at work and there is still almost a full box left now after several weeks. This is due to the fact that once someone tries one of them - they never go back for a second cup.
In my opinion, don't waste your 29p on these 'tea bags' - you may as well be drinking a cup of milky water.
Summary: Don't waste your money
More reviews in the field of Tea
- Refreshing near perfect Peppermint
- Morrisons Value Orange Juice
- Tetley Tea Bags: A Well Earned Cuppa!
- Tetley's Vanilla Redbush Tea
- A cup of tea keeps your worries (temporarily) at bay
- Lipton Ice Tea Peach - nice peachy tea!
- Bringing you a proper brew!
- Green Tea: Not the most pleasant drink in the world
- Twinings Peppermint Tea - It's Not For Me
- Lemon teabags, but wheres the lemon?
- HampsTead White Tea
- Tulsi Organic Ginger
- Twinings Lady Grey Tea
- Tick Tock Tick Tock Rooibos
- Tulsi Organic Green
- The Wild Flower Company Wild Hibiscus Herbal Tea
- Quai Sud Vine Peach And Mint Iced Tea Blend
- Harney & Sons Winter White Earl Grey
- Harney & Sons Pan Asia Green Tea
- Harney & Sons Coffret 4 Thés En Sachet De Soie Harney & Sons