Product Type: Tetleys Tea
Newest Review: ... a pack of decaf tea so I can enjoy tea before bedtime without worrying about the caffeine affecting my sleep. I chose Tetley as it offered ... more
Tea without the caffeine
Tetley Decaffeinated Tea
Member Name: kat1234
Tetley Decaffeinated Tea
Advantages: taste nice, no caffeine
I love a cup of tea in the morning and usually drink Tetley Tea (the ordinary stuff). However, when I was pregnant and breastfeeding I had to watch the amount of caffeine I consumed as you are only recommended to have 200mg a day when pregnant to avoid having an underweight baby. This equates to two mugs of tea per day. I decided the best way to ensure that I kept within the limit was to switch the tea that I drink at home to decaffeinated (therefore allowing me to drink tea at other people's houses without too much concern).
I opted for Tetley's decaffeinated teabags as I felt that they would taste most close to the tea that I am used to drinking. I opted for a box of 80 teabags which cost around £2.50 and come in a bow rather than the pouches that I am used to. The teabags look, and smell, the same as regular tea. They are in round bags that are half filled with leaves. There really is very little difference between making a cup of this tea and regular tea and it looks and smells the same once brewed.
So, the big question is whether it tastes any different? Well, the first time I tasted it, I was unsure. It tasted a little more bitter to me (I can't really explain why though!), but was perfectly drinkable. After a few more cups, I grew more and more accustomed to it and, now, I can not really taste any difference between decaff and regular Tetley. The bags make a good strength of tea - whether in a cup or in a pot. Overall, a decent tasting tea for those that want to cut down on the caffeine.
Summary: Pretty decent cuppa
More reviews in the field of Tea
- Hmmm.... fine if you like to drink in the smell of sweaty socks
- A Tea That Will Allow You To Experiment.
- Yummy earl grey
- Highly Beneficial for Cold & Flu
- Bringing you a proper brew!
- Green Tea: Not the most pleasant drink in the world
- Twinings Peppermint Tea - It's Not For Me
- Lemon teabags, but wheres the lemon?
- All About Tea Rosehips & Hibiscus Fine Leaf
- Ringtons English Breakfast
- Ridgways Teas Pure Peppermint
- In Nature Wld Fresh Buds Puerh
- Clipper Everyday One Cup Tea Bags
- Julie Andrieu Infusion Speciality Pink Paradise Julie Infuse
- Julie Andrieu Infusion Rose Water Julie Infuse
- Julie Andrieu Infusion Lime Julie Infuse
- Julie Andrieu Infusion Gingerbread Julie Infuse
- Harney & Sons African Autumn Rooïbos