Product Type: Twinings Tea
Newest Review: ... Questions pages which answer all the possible questions you might have - for example, Can Twinings Teabags be composted? - answer yes, ... more
Zesty with a spicy kick
Twinings Lemon and Ginger
Member Name: paulie1975
Twinings Lemon and Ginger
Date: 04/05/11, updated on 01/06/11 (19 review reads)
Advantages: Lovely flavour combination
Disadvantages: It isn't cheap
My other half is a tea expert and we have a cupboard filled with blends and tea leaves of all flavours and origins. This is one of the flavours we have and I have to say it is a favourite of mine when I have a sore throat. The mix of lemon and ginger is tangy and tart and it lingers and has a bit of a kick to it.
The product itself is made by Twinings one of the better tea brands on the market, it comes in a long cardboard box where you pull a strip away to open it, the tea bags are attached by string to the original wrapper meaning you can leave it in the cup of boiling water to stew without that fear that the string will drop into the cup forcing you to start a rescue operation.
The box tells you it is a classy tea as does Twinings history as one of the major tea companies, at £1.99 for 40 from all major supermarkets it isn't cheap, but for me this is a winning combination of flavours, especially when I am under the weather with a cold or sore throat as the spicy taste with the tangy lemon zest really does reach the back of your throat and make an immediate impact.
The tea contains Ginger Root, Lemon Grass, Lemon Peel, and ginger and lemon flavouring, as well as other ingredients, so it is almost an entirely natural tea, but obviously some flavour has been added to really ensure the combination of sharp and spicy even stronger. I would rather this wasn't the case, but I guess they have tested this with their main market before doing it. It contains no sugar or caffeine and is therefore suitable for people on diets and those going through pregnancy.
Overall this is one of my favourite flavoured teas, its elegant, has a kick to it and tastes really nice, well worth checking out.
Summary: Zesty with a spicy kick
More reviews in the field of Tea
- Like everything the product is being down graded
- For those with a sweet tooth
- A great quality cup of tea from PG Tips
- Distinctive but yummy!
- stay awake for as long as you wish.
- Twinnings Earl Grey - it has really grown on me!
- Feeling Fruity with Twinings
- There's No "Tea" In "Teeth"
- Zing me up Scottie!
- There's nothing piggy about this tea!
- Herbier De France Organic Daydream Infusion
- Herbier De France Organic Bigarade Infusion
- George Cannon Organic Sencha Green Tea
- Florisens Organic White Tea Verveine In Bags
- Florisens Organic Tea And Infusions Hildegarde De Bingen
- Lipton Andalusia Pyramid Tea Bags
- Celestial Seasonings Lemon Zinger Tea
- Asda Lemon Fruit Infusions Tea
- Hazer Baba Turkish Apple Tea
- Maccabee Beer - Pale Lager