Product Type: Typhoo Tea
Newest Review: ... and fit perfectly to the size of the mugs I was using, which was strangely very satisfying!! The first thing I noticed when I made my firs... more
Member Name: stacey10304
Disadvantages: tastes horrible
I am a huge tea drinker, I must drink on average around 10 cups of tea a day - which is a lot I know! So, as I drink so much only the best will do, my favourite brands tend to be Yorkshire Gold or Twinings. Recently when shopping I noticed that Typhoo tea was on offer in Tesco at £4 for 480 teabags - which I thought was an absolute bargain and couldnt resist.
The teabags come in quite an eye-catching package which is bright red with the white Typhoo logo on the front, the brand has been around since 1903 and is quite a trusted brand and blend of tea. You can buy Typhoo tea in packs of 80, 180 and 460 - the larger ones tend to be on offer in one supermarket or another.
As soon as I tried my first cup of this tea I noticed something in it I didnt like. I like a nice strong tea and I often drink it without sugar so for me to enjoy it the tea has to taste good on its own - unfortunately this one doesnt. I find this tea to have such a strange taste, especially a strange after taste, that I just couldnt get used to. I dont know how to describe it other that it has just a strange 'twang' to it, after drinking I always found I had a horrible taste in my mouth, and it gave me such a horrible dry mouth too. I often found myself putting more and more sugar into my tea to cover up the horrible taste.
I couldnt stand the taste of this tea so much that I ended up giving away well over half of them to a friend just to get rid of them without just throwing them away - as I hate wasting anything. Now iv got some good old Yorkshire Gold again and Im happy.
Overall I wouldnt recommend this tea, maybe it was just me and my tastes but I hate the taste of it. I found it to be horrible and not soothing and refreshing at all!
Summary: a horrible tasting tea
More reviews in the field of Tea
- A tea bursting with flavour!
- A Tea That Will Allow You To Experiment.
- Yummy earl grey
- Tesco Green Tea With Lemon - Considerabely weaker than other brands
- Highly Beneficial for Cold & Flu
- Fancy a change from plain green tea?
- Time for a Brew.
- Raspberry and Echinacea
- Cuppa Ty-phoo?.....Woohoo!
- Canton Tea Lemon Verbena
- Canton Tea White Peony White Tea
- Canton Tea Rooibos
- All About Tea Lapsang Souchong Oak
- All About Tea Jasmine Pearls
- George Cannon Bora Bora Infusion
- George Cannon French Dreams Herbal Tea
- George Cannon Rooibos Reunion Infusion
- George Cannon Wellbeing Infusion Serenity
- George Cannon Wellbeing Infusion Sweet Dreams