Product Type: AOL in Telecommunications Services
Newest Review: ... will bring a slow form of justice, that word of mouth will get around and at some point AOL will go bust. I wonder if poor customer servic... more
I hate AOL and am never goin to use them again
Author Name: michaelc
Advantages: read before goin to AOL
I have been with aol since december 07 and from the start have had lots and lots of trouble. The problem started with my download speed of around 0.05 to o.8mb insteat of the up to 8mb.
So after a few days i decided to ring up and spent most of my time on hold , so much so that after 2 weeks on the phone to them i had to stop as i couldnt sleep due to the hold music playin in my head. When i did get through i had several problem.
1. i can barely understand the people on the phone
2. going through same things every time i got though to someone
3. really bad excuses and lies for my connection issues (my favourite was to turn my router off for 15mins, then leave it for 10mins and do that 10-15 times a day).
So after many weeks of struggling to not pull my hair out and insteaf crying and wondering how i could ever be so silly to sign up for 24months i had an idea, id pay the whole contract off and leave them.
Only then did they take some sort of intrest in me and intead of 'level 1' technical help i got 'level 2' technical help and it was amazing. i could understand him and he could understand me. Eventually it was that aol did not have my username and password on their server correctly and also they were swappin me from aol.com server to dialbb.com server.
So after a month of no internet and many hours amounting to days spent on my phone i was back online.
Then every now and again i get disconnected while playin games online which i could sort of deal with but now the same problem has occurred again. i have spent 40min plus on the phone talkin to 'level 1' technical and have got no where again. i have to wait 24hours.
This time without fail i am goin to pay the £300+ to cancel my contract with aol because i am so fed up of bein treat like this.
My advice to anyone thinking of going to AOL to please do not do it, it will be the worst decision of your life.
Summary: Dont join AOL
More reviews in the field of Telecommunications Service
- Watch out for rubbish sales team
- Orange / Wanadoo Broadband Package
- Free Landline and International Calls
- Nice for network coverage, crap for support.
- Close Call!
- BT have over stepped the line with the latest charges
- Handy If My Car Giffs Up Miles From My Gaff.
- steal money on pay as you go phones,with nothing that they could take it for
- They Done Me Proud