Newest Review: ... department have limited opening hours. Coverage on the network is shocking - I get absolutely no data capability between Shropshi... more
3 stands for - we need 3 attempts to get it right
Member Name: Coffeetiere
Disadvantages: Bad customer service
On the plus side 3 is the cheapest tarif provider, which is probably why we all endure their terrible service! There network coverage is generally quite good too as long as you dont venture too far into the country. Service is my pet hate with these guys, although I have had the odd successful phone call, but this is a rarity.
So, you can get 15 gb Internet allowance per month and iPad included for £25 on a 24 month contract, which is the best deal I could find, or get 100 texts or mins, 1gb free 3-3 calls and an iPhone for £30 a month on a 24 contract if you can:
1) understand what the customer service person is saying
2) take days off work to get the thing delivered - it usually takes a least 3 attempts on behalf of their delivery company DPD, chances are they will deliver it else where, twice they have tried to deliver to the penthouse suite above my office despite telling me that for security reasons they can only deliver to my home address. The DPD guys also can't use flat intercomms
3) get the customer service guy to correctly notate your address, you would think a simple task
4) like to spend 30 mins on the phone telling the customer service guy your postcode does exist, even if it is not on their systems
5) like to have to phone up to get delivery charges reimbursed as they have charged you for every failed delivery attempt despite it being their fault
Tip: with broadband if you go over your limit they charge excessively up to £15, this is eaten up in minutes. If you phone them up you can get them to stop this happening so you can't use anything outside your allowance, well worth doing especially as their Internet usage allowance indicator in your account doesnt update real time.
Summary: Cheap tarif, if you can stand bad customer service