“ Cordless Phone, DECT, GAP, Single Line Operation, Digital Answering Machine, 50 Speed-dial Numbers, Caller ID, Speakerphone „
Like most products, there are plus points and negatives for the BT Synergy 3505.
- It's cordless and thus doesn't restrict your movements when on the phone.
- It's quite stylish and relatively compact so it doesn't look out of place in most people's homes
- Has a speakerphone ability
- Can record numbers in its phone book
- Integrated answerphone
I've had this phone a couple of years now and noticed some problems with it...
- Battery doesn't last very well
- Sometimes the phone will ring but you can't pick it up - the base is ringing but the phone itself will not respond to the pressing of any buttons. This problem occurs at random even when the battery is fully charged
My nan also has this phone and has had a problem with it I haven't experienced...
- If the phone rings shortly after receiving another phone call, you can't answer it (phones lack of response to button pressing again, but under different circumstances)
All the above problems didn't start to present themselves until after we'd had the phones for some time, this suggests to me that their life span is somewhat limited, especially compared to more traditional corded phones (which I will probably soon be reverting too).
Other problems include...
- Each phone must be on the correct base or it won't work
- Also the answer phone does not flash or beep so unless you go up to the base to inspect it, you won't know if you've had any messages while you were out. If you're anything like me you'll never remember to check and occassionally discover you have unheard messages that are months old.
Cordless phones such as this certainly have their uses but unfortunately the Synergy 3505 has not proved itself to be reliable enough, as such I would recommend using it only in conjunction with a more reliable corded phone.
I have the dual set of the BT Synergy 3505. I found it an excellent, simple home phone. It was simple and didn't try to do anything too fancy. The range was sufficient for me to be able to walk everywhere and the handsfree could vary from quiet to in the shower loud. I didn't use the built in number storer but the voicemail was an excellent featue. Simple buttons with volume to control how you listen to your meassages. However, neareer the end of its life span, it started ending calls in a blur of static while the person at the end of the line was talking. Also, there were occasions when the other person heard beeping from my end but I didn't. Overall, this is an excellent phone with the simplicity top-notch, the price well aimed and the quality perfect. Of course, it is made by BT and they know what they are doing. it may not look aesthetically pleasing but trust me, it all makes sense on your eyes. (I apologise for only just making it, I can't write much about a home phone)