The BT Decor 310 is just an ordinary landline phone for your home that doesn't seem to offer anything special. The BT Decor 310 has a very ugly design offering a basic white and grey colour that is just boring and it really isn't helped by the fact that the actual phone part looks like its from a much larger phone and they've got it mixed up with the main device. It's got a basic layout which makes it practical but offers nothing unique or fancy. The phones been designed with large buttons with clear writing which means it is nice and easy to use. The display on this phone is very basic offering little to no imagination and fades away at angles with relative ease. The cord on this phone is a good length which means you can go a decent distance with it before it becomes a problem. The 30 name and number phonebook also gives you the capability to have most of your family, friends and other important contacts stored on it. This phone is very much geared towards the basic user and thats it. The lack of features means it isn't suitable for businesses or old people that will need a clear screen and a device that is hearing aid compatible. So all in all the BT Decor 310 phone is a very basic phone offering few functions which means it comes up far short when delivering the optimum product for it's users. I really wouldn't recommend it.
My husband and me bought this phone just short of a year ago it cost £13.99 from tesco extra
Features that are on/ with this phone.
1. It has 3 memory buttons where you can store any 3 numbers at a time
How to put the numbers in the memory buttons, lift the receiver then press store choose either m1 m2 m3 then type the number you want in a memory button then press store again and on the LCD screen you will see the word saved then you can put the phone back on the base.
2. Quick dial you can type a phone number in using the keypad then when you have made sure that the phone number is right you press quick dial then the hands free light will come on at the bottom of the phone and you will hear it ringing if you want to take it off speaker phone just lift the phone up and talk to the other person on the other line
3. Redial where you can phone someone back with out typing the number in again I use it quite a lot for my mother-in-law she is always on the phone to other people so I have to keep phoning her until she gets off the phone
4. As I said earlier about the hands free its a speaker phone where you can talk to people over the phone and not have the phone in your hand its also good for keeping people waiting which I got to admit I do it sometimes.
5. It also has a secrecy button which plays some tune I'm not keen on the tune any more but when I first got this phone I did not want to call any body I just wanted to play with the tune but now I hate the tune I wish there was a way I could change it.
6. Volume button this is to adjust the volume/ sound so you can hear the person who is talking to you on the other line but it only works on hands free not when you have the phone in your hand there are 5 different levels of volume I always use the forth one its not to loud and its not to quiet.
7. Wall bracket it comes with one and a set of screws so you can put it on the wall but be warned if you do put it on the wall keep one eye on the phone just encase it falls off I had trouble with mine as it would not stay on the wall I think I must have not screwed it to the wall right.
But the thing that I really dislike is that it only comes in one colour white yeah I know whats wrong with white? Well I will answer you that question
White gets very dirty very fast it shows all the dirt and dust it collects so you have to clean it regular other wise you could have big disasters like dirt in the ear piece of the phone and been able to hear anything but on the whole this is a very great phone its easy to use there is no complicated wires and thought the wire is long you can always hide the wire behind or under carpets I would recommend buying this phone its the best thing we ever bought
Well thats it this is the only way I describe this phone
I was looking for a phone with certain features: 1. Hands Free - great for group conversation or if you in a queue for your call to be answered 2. LCD Display 3. Good Quality 4. Good Price The BT Decor 310 - was the perfect phone at £24.99. It was a little more expensive, but I knew the quality was much better. When you lift the handset you know you are holding a quality phone. I also like the 3 line LCD display and it shows both the person's name & number from the address book. Also, if you subscribe to BT extra service you can get Caller Id like you get on Moblie phones - so you know who is calling you! The phone is really good quality. The buttons are nice and chunky and fell like good quality! The phone also has a little red light, which comes on if a message waiting (1571). It was really good to see a light come on, rather than lift the handset to check if you have messages waiting for you!. I am not sure if this feature will work if you don't use BT eg you if use NTL, Telewest etc... This phone is really good quality. I did compare with others, but in every way it is the best. However I HAD TO RETURN THIS PHONE - for one simple reason - The handset does not rest on the telephone handset property - this is a design problem as the the "telephone handset" is much bigger than the "telephone base". The problem with this design is that if you don't put your phone handset properly, your call is still going on.... This would be a bit bad if you were on an international call! Plus, I found that it is very easy nudge the handset out of position - so the phone become off-hook! - which means that people can't get through to you because your phone is engaged! If you are a "careful" person, then this is really a great phone - but I had to return it to Argos. I choose the C
able & Wireless CWP500 instead (£16.99) - I can't say I am happy with this phone - The BT Decor 310 is a much better phone (except for the handset/base design).