* Prices may differ from that shownMore Offers
This is an attractive-looking, full size desk phone and answer phone. It's very much like a mobile:
1. You can insert your SIM card so all your contacts are transferred to the phone. That's also a brilliant way to have a back up of your contacts! I think it can store a couple of hundred names and numbers (I don't think it works for micro-SIM's - although you could probably safely use one those adaptors.)
2. It has an address book, so names as well as numbers are displayed when one of your contacts calls you.
3. You can send text messages from your landline (I've sent them to mobiles, and I've you can also send them to any landline, I think, but then they're delivered to the other person via a recorded message).
4. You can interrogate the answerphone remotely when away from home. (The answer phone even has pre-recorded messages - male and female - if you want an anonymous message or can't be bothered to record your own.)
One way it's better than a mobile is that it has a big display and big number keys! You can set the volume so the ringer and loudspeaker are really loud. All that makes it good for the older person too (my father, 78, likes his, even though he never uses any of the special functions).
Everything abiut it just feels good and works well.
I have had this phone now for a couple of months, it is used in a busy environment receiving around 40-50 calls a day.
The shape of the phone is quite stylish and very pleasent and professional to look at, the receiver feels rather on the large side but very durable.
when in a call the quality is very good, both parties are able to clearly hear each other, however when on the speaker phone it doesnt seem to be loud enough even on the highest sound setting, also it feels like you have to be quite close to the phone in order for the other person to be able to hear you aswell.
The menus within the phone are very clear but are also very limited, you get only the basics, answer machine, settings, call lists, appointments and alarm.
The screen display is rather large and shows the date and time clearly, the caller display works however it sometimes takes a couple of rings before it actually shows the number.
The answer phone on this is by far the easiest I have seen, literally just press "play" and you away, then pressing either skip stop or delete to do the actions, couldn't be any more simple if you tried, and to turn the answer phone on its just a simple button.
The phone is a hard-wired phone which doesnt cause any issues if you dont mind standing with the phone when you wish to make any calls! however if like me you sit and dont go anywhere you can plug in a headset to this phone aswell as the receiver!
The keypad on this is of ample size and clarity, slightly curved it feels quite soft as you press the buttons, they dont seem to wear at all either like some other phones I have had in the past.
All in all, if you are after a basic home phone with a answer phone then this is a good value option.