Two weeks ago I bought this colour screen cordless answer phone. It is a KX-TCD340E so have put my comments against both the ES and GT versions on dooyoo.
On the good side, it works well, has good range and Panasonic seem to be reliable. Its nice to be able to use the base unit to make and receive calls and to use the handset and base unit as a walkie-talkie. The answerphone is easy to use and is clear - although the voice used for the standard messages is babyish.
There are some aspects which are disappointing:
- did not work at first because my phone lines are two-wire only; this phone needs all four wires connected. Panasonic helpline recommended plugging directly into a BT socket; not using in an office where structured wiring is installed.
- does not seem to be well screened, even when no call in operation it causes an annoying buzz in my PC's loudspeakers. Panasonic recommend not using near a PC or hi-fi. That will make it very difficult for many people who want the phone for their study or office desk
- the screen seems to be very soft plastic. First time I used the handset I placed it in my pocket and took into the garden. When I came back after a couple of hours of gardening I found that the screen was scratched all over and now difficult to read. This does not happen with my Nokia mobile phone.
- I can find no advantage in the colour screen
- there is no socket for plugging in my Plantronics wired headset
So, so long as you don't work in an office; or want the phone to be used at your desk, or take it outside then this phone will probably be fine.