* Prices may differ from that shown
I've always been a fan of Siemens products so when I first saw the Siemens Gigaset 4000 at my neighbor's house I knew I had to get one! So I went over to Amazon I got one for just £49.99 and got a BT line connected through it and I must say it's one of the best purchases I've ever made!
Most landline cordless phones are pain to configure and most times it takes you ages to figure your way around and some functions just dont work! But with the Siemens Gigaset phone here's what you get:
1. Hands - free talking - I know most phones may have this feature but have you ever noticed how its often difficult to converse on a hands-free line? You find your self in constant repetitive mode to the person your speaking to, but with the Siemens when you're on hands free, you actually hear a lot better and the call is so much clearer than pressing your ear against it! It may be a bit loud but hey, thats what the volume adjuster is for!
2. Large memory storage - yes you can keep up to 300 phone numbers in this phone! Most cordless phones can only manage about 180 numbers so you get twice the space. Plus you can keep up to 2,000 phone messages. It does have a large mail inbox!
3. Downloads - Yes its not only mobile phones that you can download ring-tones! The Siemens Gigaset comes with 10 different ring tones but you can actually download more ring-tones into this phone. I currently have 55 different tones and haven't finished yet. You can download via the Siemens website.
4. Phone records.. Don't you just hate it when you have to wait for the phone bill to see what activities took place on the land-line phone? Not with the Siemens! It records every call made and received and you can view them in the menu box. They are permanently stored unless you delete the history. Not a lot of cordless phones have this facility which is one reason I got it!
5. It has automatic dialling, it even has voice dialling. That's right, all you do is mention a name in your phone directory and it dials straight away! It also has the call forwarding, call waiting, call diversion etc. You can even use it as a conference phone. It also comes with a multi language choice of up to 12 languages.
The technical side of it is also superb. It's light in weight, has a long lasting battery (could stay up to a month without charging it). It's also water proof (I only discovered that because my niece threw it in the pool and I thought it was done but it still worked till now!) It comes with a headset, MP3 Player, spare battery as well as a battery charger.
All in all, its a superb home phone. I've had mine for four years now and its never given me any trouble. Its durable, and you can pretty much use it anywhere! If you have a boring land-line phone and wish to upgrade I would highly recommend you to purchase it. Its phonetastic!
With the new Gigaset 4000 Micro you do not only show style, but also prove conclusively, that function and design can be perfectly in tune with each other. At only a compact 100g this cordless telephone offers you a range of technical features like Walkie-Talkie function, Vibracall, handsfree talking and a lot more. Of course all functions offered by the Gigaset 4000 Micro are easy to use and understand. Simply pure design, as you like to have it at home.