* Prices may differ from that shown
Bought this tv for £830 (!!!!) in 2006. Samsung had this new range of tv's that offered top quality pictures at "low" prices - at the time.
Now this tv has been moved to the bedroom to make room for a new 50" plasma in the lounge but 4 years on, its still going strong and the quality is still evident.
Its not 1080p but it does have an HDMI connection. I have a media player that I connect to it and some of the HD stuff looks amazing.
It also has 2 scarts, s-video, audio out etc
The sound is sufficient.
The remote control is easy to use (although I use the sky+ remote to control the tv - code 0840 from a rev8 if you are interested).
The menu system is good and was easy to set up.
It has standard attachments to hang it on a bracket (which has been done on 2 different brackets).
If you are looking for a cheap, feature filled TV - This one has it all!
This stunning LCD screen is definately one of the best TV's this year. It's low, low price (£874 from 247electrical.co.uk) thrashes other competitors producing similar High-Def 32" LCD's.
I'll begin with the CON's:
No major Cons, however there are a couple of minor points I thought I'd mention:
- The TV never "turns off" completely, however stays on standby until unplugged at the wall, this is annoying especially if the wall plug is hard to get to. I would recommend leaving it on standby short-term and only fully turning it off if you are not going to use it for at least a couple of days.
- The remote control looks and feels a bit cheap and tacky, I expect it is the standard remote control for all Samsung TV's. However, it's not too bad and can always be replaced with a much better looking remote (eg. an "all-in-one" universal remote (personal recommendation))
However, do not let these minor points put you off, the Pro's definately outweigh the Con's.
- Extremely cheap for the amount of features it has.
- High- Definition TV (HDTV) compatible means that it works with the Xbox 360, the new Sky broadcasting later this year (I think!), new HD DVD players etc.
- Built in Freeview, means that you get around 30 free channels and loads of radio channels (check out freeview.co.uk for details and channel listings). This can also be expanded using the TopUp TV feature (buy a card from your nearest Dixons or TopUpTV.co.uk - £7.99 a month for 11 extra channels).
- LCD screen, does not get "screenburn" as with Plasma screens. Note: screenburn is where if you leave an image up too long, it "burns" into the screen and leaves a permanent shadow on it.
- Really thin- about 10cm (don't take my word for it though it's just an estimate)
- 32 inch screen size.
- Beautiful design, will make a fantastic centrepiece in any living room.
(Personal recommendation: Mount it on the wall- it looks great)
All in all, if you're looking for quality, performance and value-for-money - get this TV.
This TV is superb!
The build quality is fantastic, from the box that it came in through to the remote control, and everything in between.
I was going to go for the 26" version but after seeing the 2 together at a showroom I opted for the 32" version, and I am soooo pleased that I did.
Installation was dead simple. The main unit slides down onto a base, very secure and positioned perfectly. It can be wall mounted but the cost of the brackets I found was just too much to take.
Loads of connectors on the back. Including component, HDMI and standard SCART. I am using the component input from an XBOX and standard SCART for DVD and both present excellent picture quality, with vibrant colours and contrast. No sign of any "ghosting" on fast-moving XBOX games. All of the connectors have a good solid feel to them which I feel is important.
The IDTV picture quality is very good. I do live in an area with strong Freeview signal strength but obviously this is not the case everywhere. There is a CAM slot for a TopUp TV or alternative pay-tv operators card. Located at the top left of the unit and easy to get to and operate.
The IDTV input is fully integrated and its very easy to switch between the various sources. The user interface on this TV is excellent. Switching between input sources can be done from the remote or from the controls on the side of the TV. Having the controls on the side of the TV means that the front of the TV is only home to the standby/on-off button. Very easy to use remote and on screen menus.
Lots of features to talk about, but I particularly like the dynamic contrast feature. I thought this would annoy me (and I was tempted to turn it off) but the changes are so subtle that you do not notice them after about 5 minutes.
Don't be put off by the colours/contrast within the first week of usage - it took that long for things to settle down and now they are more than acceptable.
I would recommend that when you see one in the showroom, ask for an HDTV demo or an XBOX 360 demo using the HDMI input.
Sound quality is pretty good too. I don't have any kind of external speakers or amplifier so I am using the speakers built in and they are very good. The room I have this in is quite large and the sounds from the speakers is excellent all over the room.
Ranging from 23" up to an incredible 46" Screen, with a width of as little as only 82mm, SAMSUNG's LCD TVs allow the viewer to experience the ultimate in Home Entertainment without compromising space and style.
All of SAMSUNG's LCD TVs above 23" are High Definition Ready. These new standards in TV have an improved resolution of up to 1366 x 768 meaning more visual information on the screen, resulting in the best image you the viewer have ever experienced.
With up to 500cd/m 2 of brightness and a contrast ratio of 800:1, SAMSUNG's LCD TVs are always easy on the viewers' eyes.
Picture in Picture allows 2 application images on the screen at one time.
The SAMSUNG LCD range will allow the viewer to enjoy SRS TruSurround XT sound quality for a greater all round entertainment experience.
Many of SAMSUNG's Plasma Panels posses the cutting edge HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface). This new connector allows easy one cable connectivity from PDP to peripheral products and transfers 100% of the data thus providing the perfect sound and vision experience.
Designed with the viewer in mind, SAMSUNG's on-screen graphic menu, takes a step further with its sophisticated whilst easy to use, graphic interface, that overlays the on screen images with simple to use drop down menus.