* Prices may differ from that shown
While visiting my friend's house last night, I can't help but to notice their new Sony LCD TV. I check the model and found out that it is a Sony KDL-52Z4500_52 inches. We already have a TV like this (see separate review) and its model was Bravia KDL-40Z4500_40 inches. I wonder what are the difference to its main features. I think its worth checking, so I borrowed its manual and compare it to ours. And here it goes.
1. Video : The video signal and display is much the same, both supports 1080/60p, 1080/60i, 1080/24p, 720/60p, 480/60p, 480/60i.
2. Measurements: Of course it differs on its weight and dimensions as I have a 40 inches and his LCD was a 52 inches. But both has an aspect ratio of 16:1.Mine has a Piano Black finish while his have a white finish.Not particularly impressed about it.
3. Audio Features : Audio features are also the same except for the screen size. Digital amplifier is standard, capable of Dolby Digital outputs for broadcasting, automatic volume control and four sound mode to choice from (clear voice, dynamic, custom, and standard).Not to forget the SRS : TruSurround XT feature which is very excellent audio feature only from Sony.
4. Video Features : The video features are also identical with its 24p True Cinema technology, 3D Comb Filtering, Advanced Contrast Enhancer, Auto Wide, CineMotion Reverse 3:2 Pulldown technology. Also equip with Bravia Engine 2 technology for its video processing. Its picture mode come in four settings (Vivid, Standard, Cinema and custom) and is capable of wide mode in five different settings (Full, Normal, Wide zoom, Zoom, and Full Pixel).
5. Energy saving & efficiency : Here I found some difference. Since they have different in size, their power consumption is also different. His is at 195W while our KDL-40Z4500 is at 155W power consumption. With an estimated annual energy consumption of 357.96kW and 284.96 kW, respectively. Both exceeds the Energy Star Version 3.0 standards and has a 0.30W power consumption in the standby mode....Hope you would disconnect the plug every time you turn-off your TV. This advice goes to all types of appliances on our home as they still consume a fraction of your electricity while on stand-by mode.
6. Audio output : both have the same Audio power output at 20W (10W each for the 2 speakers).
7. Service & Warranty : As most of Sony products, it come with a one year warranty for both labor and parts.
8. Convenience features : All the same such as Auto shut-off; Channel block, labels, jump, surf; ID-1 detection; On-screen clock; Multiple language display in English, Spanish and French; On/Off timer; Parental control; Sleep timer; Theatre mode and White balance.
9. Accessories supplied : All the same
10. Optional accessories : Both have the optional Wall Mounting Bracket and Bravia Link modes (DVD Link module, Wireless link module and input link module).
I guess there's no much difference in these two models at all. So I recommend, whatever Sony brand you will buy, you're always assured that you get the best value for your money.
To end this, I would share my Sony's best features which you cannot found in any other competitors :
1.Its Bravia Engine 2 fully digital video processor which delivers perfect image detail.
2.It's 24p True Cinema feature delivers pure 24 fps and 16:9 Full HD 1080p resolution, excellent for watching movies and playing your favorite Playstation game.
3.And it comes with the very handy remote control, only Sony can provide.
Watch the smoothest and most detailed fast-moving images thanks to the world first Motionflow 200Hz technology with image blur reduction
Experience incredibly clear and defined pictures with BRAVIA Engine 2 and advanced contrast enhancer
Enjoy all the music and photo content from your computer on your TV with DLNA home networking technology
Watch TV, movies and games in high definition detail thanks to the 6.2-megapixel resolution
See life-like and vibrant colors the way nature intended them to be viewed with x.v.Color
It's easy to use your TV screen to view your digital photographs with USB photo viewer and with PhotoTV HD you can see them in superb high definition quality
When you are not watching TV, turn it into a digital picture frame with Picture Frame mode
Featuring the draw the LINE design concept and finished in a midnight sky color, the BRAVIA Z4500 looks superb in any setting
No more confusing menu screens thanks to the easy-to-navigate XrossMediaBar to browse all your TV functions
If you enjoy watching films then this is the TV for you - view movies exactly how the director intended with 24p true cinema
Control your entire home cinema set-up with just one click on the TV remote and access the menus on compatible peripheral devices such as Handycam camcorders thanks to BRAVIA Sync
Three HDMI inputs make it even easier to connect to high definition sources
Share music, photos, and video by connecting your personal digital devices such as WALKMAN or iPod to your BRAVIA TV with the digital media port
Experience the effect of digital surround sound from only two front speakers with the advanced S-Force Front Surround technology
Alter the volume of voices without changing background volume with voice zoom
Watch digital TV with the integrated standard definition digital terrestrial tuner
|Product Description:||Sony KDL-52Z4500 - 52" LCD TV|
|Product Type:||LCD TV|
|Power Consumption Operational:||320 Watt|
|Diagonal Size (cm):||132 cm|
|Dimensions (WxDxH):||128 cm x 13.5 cm x 83.9 cm - without stand|
|Resolution:||1920 x 1080|
|Display Format:||1080p (FullHD)|
|Input Video Formats:||480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 576i, 576p, 1080/24p|
|Motion Enhancement Technology:||MotionFlow 200Hz technology|
|Video Interface:||Component, composite, HDMI, S-Video, SCART|
|HDMI Ports Qty:||3 port(s)|
|PC Interface:||VGA (HD-15), USB|
|LCD Backlight Technology:||Wide Color Gamut-CCFL|
|Image Aspect Ratio:||16:9|
|TV Tuner:||1x analogue/digital combo|
|Digital TV Tuner:||DVB-C, DVB-T|
|Analogue TV Tuner:||PAL, SECAM|
|Multi-channel Preview:||Picture-and-picture (PAP), picture-in-picture (PIP)|
|Features:||Contrast enhancer, Live Colour Creation, x.v.Color, Photo TV HD, BRAVIA Sync Function, XrossMediaBar, NTSC playback on PAL TV, progressive scan|
|Sound Output Mode:||Stereo|
|Speaker System:||2 speakers, subwoofer|
|Built-in Decoders:||Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus|
|Sound Effects:||S-FORCE Front Surround Sound|
|Stereo Reception System:||NICAM|
|USB Port:||Yes , 1 port(s)|
|Remote Control:||Remote control|