Newest Review: ... The actors were ostensibly tone deaf...and the acting hopeless. But 'Anything Goes' is utterly spectacular, as you'd... more
ANYTHING GOES, THEATRE ROYAL, DRURY LANE, LONDON
Member Name: grace33
Date: 30/09/03, updated on 30/09/03 (76 review reads)
Advantages: it's super
I had rather low expectations of this; I do love many of the musicals from the Hollywood Golden Era...but had seen recently a most appalling one in Jersey, Channel Islands called 'Hollywood Heaven'. Something of a misnomer. I thought, more like 'Hollywood Hell', The actors were ostensibly tone deaf...and the acting hopeless.
But 'Anything Goes' is utterly spectacular, as you'd expect in one of the world's oldest theatres. The scripts vey funny, the choreography dazzling and singing wonderful. I couldn't fault this musical, and loved every minute. It's such a 'feel good' show.
As a journalist I went on the press nightlast week, and haven't read any reviews myself as yet. But I am sure they'll be rave.
I highly recommend you go see this show it's brilliant.
More reviews in the field of Theatre / Musical National
- One Last Flutter: The F.A. Final.
- Regent's Park: An Open Air Experience
- Little books of bedtime fun
- Prepare To Be Amazed Like Never Before
- The Madness of George Dubya
- Something baaaaad is happening in Oz
- Dublin, Manchester, Glasgow and the rest of you I am jealous!!!!
- And Iiiiiiiiiiiii will always love youuuuuuuuuu! *sheds a tear*
- Edinburgh at its Best
- THEATRE IN LONDON - MUCH LESS PAINFUL THAN THE OPERATING KIND!