Newest Review: ... other as two new pins Of one womb born, on the self same day How one was kept and one given away?" Blood Brothers is a very power... more
Roller coaster of emotions
Member Name: lynsey78
Advantages: Most amazing play ive ever seen
Disadvantages: Can make you cry
I am a big fan of musical theatre and earlier this year my huband and I went to London for the weekend, he is not a theatre lover and has never seen a musical, so i booked us a hotel and ticket deal. I chose to see blood brothers as i hadnt seen it myself.
So we arrived at the Pheonix theatre which is a lovely theatre and got outselfs settled.
Right from the start of this production with its mood setting intro music i was captivated. The story line being of two brothers born by Mrs Johnston, a lady who has many children and no money and her boss cannot have children so Mrs J agrees to let her have one of her babys.
The story unfolds and the boys meet through out the years despite the two mothers trying to prevent it due to superstitions. A young girl marries one of the boys but ends up wanting the other. There are many twists and turns through out the play.
The production had be laughing out loud, jumping the next and then tears. This production takes you on a roller coaster of emotions and well worth seeing, i loved it so much that i went to see it on tour at Plymouth pavilions and it wont be the last time i see this production, even the second time made me cry, really isnt a dry eye in the house.
Summary: The best musical i have seen
More reviews in the field of Theatre / Musical National
- No Rats here
- The Ultimate Family Theatre Experience
- Local theatre provides plenty
- I am big. It was the pictures that got small
- Not one genuine connection in whole show
- Something baaaaad is happening in Oz
- Dublin, Manchester, Glasgow and the rest of you I am jealous!!!!
- And Iiiiiiiiiiiii will always love youuuuuuuuuu! *sheds a tear*
- Edinburgh at its Best
- The Cliffs Pavilion (Southend-On-Sea)
- The Tiger Who Came To Tea Stage Show
- Sweeney Todd at the Adelphi Theatre
- Tim Minchin at the Eden Sessions (England)
- Conversations with Penn & Teller (IndigO2, London)
- Sunday in the Park With George
- Belfast Festival
- Monty Python's Spamalot
- Blood Brothers (Birmingham)
- Alexandra Theatre (Birmingham)