Newest Review: ... into the production I completely forgot that what I was seeing on stage were in fact puppets and not real. I found I became attached from t... more
A moving production that I wish I could give more than 5 stars too!
Member Name: hcliff
Advantages: A moving, clever theatre production that you would be a fool to miss
Disadvantages: NONE ... you are most probably going to well up at the end.
I was a big fan of the novel of Warhorse and when I heard of it becoming a stage production I was so excited!
The use of puppets for the horses, animals and some of the characters I believe had an amazing effect! 5 minutes into the production I completely forgot that what I was seeing on stage were in fact puppets and not real. I found I became attached from the horses from the beginning and found it difficult to accept that they were in fact puppets. It is so cleverly done that you even forget the people who control the puppets and just see the puppet as one real thing and you can't help but become emotionally attached to the horse/puppet.
My worst worry was if it was going to stick to the novel and to my relief it does and does not miss anything important out. I believe the actors live up to their character descriptions in the novel and so does the horse Joey. Another benefit is that it allows the audience to realise the true horrors of the First World War through a different setting, through the eyes of the horse.
I believe that this is a 'must see' production and I have not read one single negative review about it, I have already booked my second viewing of it.
Summary: I cannot describe how amazing this production is.
More reviews in the field of Theatre / Musical National
- "November 2011 (Oh What a Night!)"
- Dave Gorman's PowerPoint Presentation tour
- Theatre in Newcastle
- Not one genuine connection in whole show
- Something baaaaad is happening in Oz
- Dublin, Manchester, Glasgow and the rest of you I am jealous!!!!
- And Iiiiiiiiiiiii will always love youuuuuuuuuu! *sheds a tear*
- Edinburgh at its Best
- The Cliffs Pavilion (Southend-On-Sea)
- Starlight Express 2012 (UK Tour)
- Conversations with Penn & Teller (IndigO2, London)
- Ashes to Ashes & Mountain Language
- Disney On Ice: Passport To Adventure
- Madagascar Live
- Liverpool Empire Theatre in general
- Riding Lights
- Belfast Waterfront Hall in general
- Billy Connolly Live