Newest Review: ... proper Londoner rather than a tourist. Another recommendation is to get a day/ week travel card dependant on how long your stay is, travel ... more
Wicked The Musical
Member Name: Larrabee
Wicked The Musical
Advantages: Highly entertaining
I was never a huge fan of The Wizard of Oz, I found Dorothy to be too much of a goody two shoes! So when I heard about this musical telling the other side of the story I was immediately interested.
Your first experience of Wicked is the wonderfully decorated theatre itself. Everything glows green, creating an eery yet exciting atmosphere. Above the stage a huge mechanical dragon looks down on the audience and as you wait for the show to start you can examine a huge map of Oz in detail.
The two lead actresses are incredible, both with wonderful singing voices and impressive comic timing. Notable songs are the hilarious 'Popular' by Glinda which will make you cry laughing and 'Defying Gravity' by Elphaba (the witch) that will make you cry through sheer emotion! All the songs are catchy and moving, and I now listen to the soundtrack frequently.
The sets and the costumes are a masterpiece, the best I've seen in any West End show, perhaps apart from one outfit worn by the male lead which is perhaps a little too tight and revealing, quite off-putting if you're in the first few rows!
I would highly recommend Wicked to any fan of musicals and to anyone who likes to hear the other side of the story, or finds themselves routing for the underdog.
Summary: The best West End show I've seen yet
More reviews in the field of Theatre / Musical National
- Strictly Come Dancing the Professionals Tour - a great mix of dance, laughs and ...
- Glitzy and Glamourous!
- ....and all that jazz!
- I had the time of my life!
- Truly Magnificent
- Not one genuine connection in whole show
- Something baaaaad is happening in Oz
- Dublin, Manchester, Glasgow and the rest of you I am jealous!!!!
- And Iiiiiiiiiiiii will always love youuuuuuuuuu! *sheds a tear*
- Edinburgh at its Best
- The Cliffs Pavilion (Southend-On-Sea)
- Starlight Express 2012 (UK Tour)
- Stewart Lee: Scrambled Egg
- Kings Lynn Corn Exchange
- The Princess Theatre Hunstanton
- Conversations with Penn & Teller (IndigO2, London)
- Disney On Ice: Passport To Adventure
- Madagascar Live
- King's Lynn Arts Centre
- Elizabeth and Raleigh: Late But Live