Newest Review: ... whilst Elphaba is misunderstood and bullied because of her different skin colour (which is green). They are known as Glinda the Good W... more
A fine musical production and personally my second favourite of all time
Wicked The Musical
Member Name: theretrotrader
Wicked The Musical
Advantages: Catchy songs and a great cast
Disadvantages: You will want to see it again which means you have to fork out again
I've seen many musicals and this personally is my second favourite of all time (the first being phantom of the opera). The stage works are amazing and the visual effect will leave you thinking for the most part 'how did they do that'.
The storyline is very engaging and is a work that i think Frank L Baum would have approved of. Without spoiling anything for you readers this is a tale of how the characters and plot came to be in the move 'the wizard of oz'. Expect may twists and surprises.
Everyone knows the key musical moment many thanks to programmes like glee and needless to say you will come out humming 'defying gravity' under your breath along with countless others outside the theatre.
The theatre itself is lit with emerald green lighting that befits the art deco interior.
This is a must see and i also recommend listening to the soundtrack before hand to familiarise your self with some of the songs. It may give some of the plot line away but will never brace you for what takes place on stage.
Summary: Fantastic story, great setting and unforgettable score
More reviews in the field of Theatre / Musical National
- Oh My God!!!! I Like Totally Loved This Show!
- BRILLIANT !!!!
- Disappointing Gruffalo
- An Inspector Calls: A Must See!
- Wicked the Hit Musical
- The astounding achievement of an inspirational woman
- Disney on Ice: Passport to Adventure
- I'VE SEEN THE STARLIGHT
- Did y'hear the story of the Johnstone twins?
- Chilled Mickey
- The Cliffs Pavilion (Southend-On-Sea)
- The Tiger Who Came To Tea Stage Show
- Sweeney Todd at the Adelphi Theatre
- Tim Minchin at the Eden Sessions (England)
- Conversations with Penn & Teller (IndigO2, London)
- The Tabernacle (Notting Hill)
- Priscilla: Queen of the Desert The Musical
- The Last Laugh Comedy Club
- A Doll's House (Donmar Warehouse)
- Calendar Girls (Noel Coward Theatre)