Newest Review: ... and trust me, I triple checked with staff to see if any were on that day. There were very few rides, the ones that were open weren't ... more
A Disney weekend
Disneyland Resort Paris
Member Name: 96mantes
Disneyland Resort Paris
Date: 16/07/04, updated on 16/07/04 (1094 review reads)
Advantages: Great Fun, Memories will last a life time
Disadvantages: Will burn a big hole in your wallet!
I travelled to Disneyland Paris June 2004 for a fun weekend with my girlfriend to celebrate her birthday. The package cost us £120 each which included two nights stay at the Hotel Kyriad, next to Disneyland, and flights from Birmingham to Charles de Gaulle. The first challenge we faced on arrival at Charles De Gaulle was getting from the airport to the hotel itself, which is made easy by the VEA Shuttle bus (14 euros each) that stops off at all the Disney hotels. The Hotel Kyriad itself was a lovely hotel served by a convenient bus into the park itself which runs every 5 minutes or so. Arriving early into the park on our first day served us well, as we were able to jump on to big thunder mountain, pirates of the Caribbean and Indiana Jones without queuing at all. In fact the introduction of the fastpass scheme ensured that we didn’t have to queue for more than 20 minutes for any ride during our stay which meant we were able to pretty much everything and get good value for money out of our 2 day hopper passes. The pick of the rides was undoubtedly Space Mountain which although fast and thrilling was still good all round Disney fun, slightly less enjoyable was Indiana Jones as I still fail to see the attraction of a roller coaster that goes backwards, though maybe that’s just me! All in all a very enjoyable though expensive weekend away. As even though the flight+hotel combination was reasonably priced, the extras (park tickets+food+vea shuttle) all added up and I probably spent the best part of £500 on a two night stay for two people
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo International
- Disney Princesses and Disney Magic
- King's Island Ohio - World Class Theme Park
- Disney at 40 degrees!
- The twilight zone - a very different type of zoo
- As Seen Through The Eyes Of An Adult
- Wake up your inner child!
- A tropical paradise, in the middle of Orlando!
- A winter wonderland, in the middle of Orlando!
- The best theme park in the universe(al)? Not quite, but it's very good!
- Disneyland Paris: Parades
- The Club House (Manali)
- Krakow Zoo (Poland)
- Botlierskop Private Game Reserve (Botlierskop, South Africa)
- Aquarium Nausicca (Boulogne sur Mer)
- Wilhelma Zoo and Botanical Garden (Stuttgart, Germany)
- Other Theme Parks of the World in general
- Walt Disney World Resort Florida in general
- Cedar Point (Ohio)
- Six Flags Magic Mountain (USA)
- Legoland California (USA)