Newest Review: ... stalls and rides. Meditteranea is situated by the enterance and includes rides such as FURIOUS BACO (rollercoaster - fastest in Euro... more
Port Aventura (Spain)
Member Name: elliam
Port Aventura (Spain)
Advantages: Lots to do all on one site
Disadvantages: Lack of shop
We went away with first choice on a package holiday to portaventura in august this year.
There are 3 resort hotels, el paso, carribe and portaventura. We stayed at the el paso which is only a short walk from the theme/water park (slightly uphill) and there are little shuttle trains that run to/from the parks to the hotels and also a train that runs into salou town. Portaventura hotel is situated right next to the theme park and the carribe is the furthest distance from there but still within walking distance.
You also benefit from your own private beach which again transport is provided for.
The theme park has a good selection of rides but not much for little children. Water park has 2-3 pools and slides.
There are pools within all of the hotels, usually a childs pool and a big pool.
Buffets were very good, huge selection of different foods, the only thing that didn't really change was the breakfast buffet. There is also a bar, computer access and various drinks machines dotted around the complex.
A nightly show was put on which ran from around 8-11 outside.
A small shop was on site but it was mostly a gift shop, there were a few essentials (non food/drink) but there is nowhere to buy groceries unless you go into salou town itself either by the train which was 3 euros per person or you can get a taxi for around 7 euros oneway.
One downfall in my opinion is the fact that you do not have a fridge to keep things fresh in your room but we found out after we got home that they can be hired at 60 euros for a week.
Overall it is a good family holiday, especially for older children as there is always something to do.
Summary: Overall good family holiday
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo International
- Welcome to Port Aventura
- Disneyland Resort Paris is a Magical Holiday
- A marvellous place to visit when in Hong Kong
- Disney in General
- A tropical paradise, in the middle of Orlando!
- A winter wonderland, in the middle of Orlando!
- The best theme park in the universe(al)? Not quite, but it's very good!
- Disneyland Paris: Parades
- Exploring space, imagination, technology and 11 different countries!
- The Club House (Manali)
- Bioparco Zoo (Rome, Italy)
- Krakow Zoo (Poland)
- Aquarium Nausicca (Boulogne sur Mer)
- Wilhelma Zoo and Botanical Garden (Stuttgart, Germany)
- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon
- Disney's Blizzard Beach
- Other Theme Parks of the World in general
- Walt Disney World Resort Florida in general
- Cedar Point (Ohio)