Newest Review: ... offers of prices when you arrive. You can also have your day entry ticket refunded if you buy a season ticket for the park. It's not too... more
Great day out for all the family
Bristol Zoo Gardens
Member Name: ps8sjk
Bristol Zoo Gardens
Advantages: The Gorillas!
A wonderful place for day trips. I have visited many times over the years living in Bristol and have enjoyed every trip - both as a child and an adult. It has a range of different animals so everyone is kept happy. My favourites are the seal and penguin enclosure where you can watch them swim underwater and the Gorilla island - in recent years there have been two young babies born and as they grow up it has been fun watching them grow - they are very playful and are often out on the Island.Another favourite is the Lemar walkway where they will happily wonder about around you so you can watch them up close.
There are also (but not to my taste!) reptile and insect houses and aquariums - but I skip through those a bit quickly!
It can get busy and the car parks at peak times do become quite full but buses from the centre are very regular - it is situated in Clifton so it doesn't take long to get there. Prices are 12.50 for adults and 7.75 for children 3-14 but tht isn't too bad since you can spend a whole day there.
There are plenty of food outlets and the main Pelican restaurant which are lovely but can be pricey so probably worth bringing a picnic - there are many benches and places to sit so you can do so comfortably and then you don't have to queue either. Although the pizza stand is very nice!
The gift shops offer lots of toys for the kids too - especially a huge range of cuddly toys, although you have to walk through it to get to the exit!
I am just looking forward to some brighter weather so I can return! the zoo constanly changes and helps with animal conservation and it is always a pleasure to visit.
Summary: I'm going to the zoo.... the zoo...
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- A totally tropical experience
- World of ageing adventures
- PETTITTS ANIMAL ADVENTURE IS FUN FOR EVERYONE
- A top Zoo Day!
- Blackpool Pleasure Beach
- Splash Zone Gulliver's Park Milton Keynes Birthday Party really rubbish
- I never realised things could get this wild in Doncaster
- Gulliver's World, Warrington
- I went to the animal fair...
- An enjoyable visit and good value.
- Amazonia World Of Reptiles (England)
- The Ark Open Farm (County Down)
- Monks Park Farm (Yorkshire)
- Wetlands Animal Park (Nottinghamshire)
- Crocodiles of the World (Oxfordshire)
- Highland Wildlife Park (Inverness)
- Forbidden Corner (Coverham)
- Folly Farm (Pembrokeshire)
- The Living Rainforest (Berkshire)
- Animal Farm Adventure Park (Berrow)