Newest Review: ... offers of prices when you arrive. You can also have your day entry ticket refunded if you buy a season ticket for the park. It's not too... more
Lemurs, Lions, Lorikeets and Loris's.
Bristol Zoo Gardens
Member Name: getinmyson
Bristol Zoo Gardens
Advantages: Great range of animals, enclosures and interactions.
Disadvantages: Long queues late in the day.
Bristol Zoo is located towards the outskirts of Bristol in Clifton, close to the famous suspension bridge. It's outrageously good fun and has a great range of animals that never fail to amuse.
Lions, Crocodiles, Lemurs and Gorillas are joined by the weirder or rarer Pudu, Lorikeets, Red Pandas and my personal favourite the Slow Loris (Youtube it, they're crazy cool.). The full amount of animals, birds, fish and insects is really big and it will take you about half a day to see them all.
A few points stood out on my last trip. Firstly, the enclosures are really inventive. The aviaries have crashed planes, thick foliage and streams; the nocturnal areas are fitted like a house; the penguins area an artic cliff. Secondly, interaction is high priority here and it creates some great memories. You can wander into the Lemur enclosure, and, if they aren't sunbathing, they'll often come and inspect you. Feeding the Lorikeets with Nectar is great fun as they perch on your arm.
Another great feature are the animal shows. The open air variety has parrots, racoons, eagle owls and anteaters wandering around mere feet away. Another, closer show is disapointing, a stick insect is just not that interesting even if you do get to touch it!
Adults go in £11.36, kids £7.04 but concession rates and group bookings can lower this. Get there early in the day, queues can be long to get in and also the earlier in the day often the more awake some animals are, especially the nocturnal. Theres a good cafe and many shops on site.
It really is a good day out for anyone of any age. Great stuff!
Summary: Brilliant day out, totally worth it.
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- Chester zoo and amazing day out!
- A brilliant day out for everyone
- Sea Life!
- Fun on the Farm
- Pili Palas
- We're going to the zoo! Can I go to the loo??
- Take your kids here if you want them to get cancer and want to re-mortgage your ...
- Fun day out for family and friends
- Paultons Park Review : A Good Day Out For The Children
- White Post Farm Centre (Farnsfield)
- Monks Park Farm (Yorkshire)
- Wetlands Animal Park (Nottinghamshire)
- Adventure Wonderland (Dorset)
- Crocodiles of the World (Oxfordshire)
- Langleybury Children's Farm (Hertfordshire)
- The Big Apple (Wokingham)
- Aquasplash (Hemel Hempstead)
- Auchingarrich Wildlife Centre (Comrie)
- Scottish Deer Centre (Cupar, Scotland)