Newest Review: ... Jaguar once on my first visit. It was running around going mental. An absolutely beautiful creature. Chester Zoo claim that the Jaguar Hou... more
Chester Zoo-To be or not to be
Member Name: arjun22
Advantages: Amazing animal kingdom, Easy to move across. Stupendous plant collection, Amicable staffs
Disadvantages: Expensive entry ticket, tawdry food
I always love visiting zoos and really did not think twice when my friend told me about this one I was really enthralled as his comments about the zoo met our eyes. The zoo has huge collection of all types of animals and plants in a very natural and spacious environment. The entire day was very engaging.
I will specially recommend the monkey house and Jaguar building. The collection is really amazing and you will love it.I find the maps and signage very helpful and I have all laudable comments for the staffs as they make you feel at home. You can always ask them for information about special events so that you do not miss out. We could see a feeding for whale shark and it was really amazing. Let me tell you I had never seen such great collection of lizard and snakes any where else. Do watch out for Komodo Dragon...
Aside from the great collection of animals what makes this zoo special is the plant collection. You can find plethora of plants with different leaf, shape and structure picked up from different habitat. If you love gardens then you will find this zoo very eye-catching as they have an amazing collection.
However I must admit that this is a pricy day out to be in Chester Zoo as the adult ticket is somewhere around £15.I was looking for a 2 in 1 kind of offer but could not get it .I also feel that the toy rail coverage inside the zoo should have been a little better. I have a serious complaint about the food as they are too expensive and the service is really second-rate. The cold and insipid soup was enough for me to decide against any other food.
Summary: Overall it is a pleasant, vivacious but pricy place for your day out
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- All the fun of the fair
- Fantastic day out with loads for children
- Blackpool -- Amazing theme park
- We had fun fun fun!
- Making a splash?
- Brilliant zoo and great day out for all!
- Edinburgh Zoo left me feeling a little bit sad!!
- Best theme park in the country
- West Midlands Safari Park
- Sharks, crabs, jellyfish and more.
- Amazonia World Of Reptiles (England)
- The Ark Open Farm (County Down)
- Blackbrook Zoo (Staffordshire)
- Wetlands Animal Park (Nottinghamshire)
- Jurassic Encounter Adventure Golf (Surrey)
- Crocodiles of the World (Oxfordshire)
- Wild Britain (Bedfordshire)
- Odds Farm Park (Buckinghamshire)
- Seaquarium (Weston-Super-Mare)
- Riviera International Centre (Torquay)