Newest Review: ... If you live near buy I would get a membership, it's a fantastic deal for considering the unlimited access and 20% off and ensures t... more
Animal Magic at Chester Zoo.
Member Name: mejulie999
Advantages: Lots to see, a full day.
Disadvantages: Very large so can be a bit heavy on the feet
Chester Zoo is open every day except for Christmas Day and is a must for families. As it is very large, you need comfy shoes and a raincoat just in case the weather is typically british. Queues for the entrance, especially during the holiday period can be very long and the Zoo is a very busy one.
On entering you will be asked if you would like to pay a little extra so that some of the money goes to animal conservation and the zoo don't pay the tax. You will be provided with a map, to guide you around the expanse. You will need a full day to get round.
Animals range from Elephants, Tigers, and the wonderful Monkeys and Apes, through to a wonderful reptile house complete with mini waterfall, and penguins, seals and a large array of birds. There are regular talks on some of the animals which will be indicated on the information provided.
The Zoo is scattered with restaurants and a beautiful flower garden. Food is reasonably priced, but again, due to it's popularity, it can get quite busy. A well stocked gift shop provides lots of souveniers of your trip and many children leave with a balloon or a stuffed animal of some description.
I would recommend a visit as it is well worth the £9.50 adult and £7.00 childrens entrance fee. Under 3's do go free.
Summary: A Great Family Day out
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- hard to find but worth a visit
- Oakwood Theme Park - great family fun
- Wild about Combe Martin Wildlife & Dinosaur Park
- Wasps ruin a great place
- A Wonderful Little Zoo With Far More to Offer Than Meets the Eye
- Sealife Scarborough
- A good zoo but looking a bit tired.
- Interact with penguins
- Ee-e-e-um-um-a-weh... Ee-e-e-um-um-a-weh!!!
- White Post Farm Centre (Farnsfield)
- Wetlands Animal Park (Nottinghamshire)
- Tayto Park (Kilbrew)
- Marine Aquarium (Lyme Regis)
- Crocodiles of the World (Oxfordshire)
- New Pleasurewood Hills (Suffolk)
- Loudoun Castle (Ayrshire)
- Weymouth Sealife Centre (Dorset)
- Natural History Museum at Tring (Hertsfordshire)
- Knockhatch Adventure Park (East Sussex)