Newest Review: ... Jaguar once on my first visit. It was running around going mental. An absolutely beautiful creature. Chester Zoo claim that the Jaguar Hou... more
Animal Magic at Chester Zoo.
Member Name: mejulie999
Advantages: Lots to see, a full day.
Disadvantages: Very large so can be a bit heavy on the feet
Chester Zoo is open every day except for Christmas Day and is a must for families. As it is very large, you need comfy shoes and a raincoat just in case the weather is typically british. Queues for the entrance, especially during the holiday period can be very long and the Zoo is a very busy one.
On entering you will be asked if you would like to pay a little extra so that some of the money goes to animal conservation and the zoo don't pay the tax. You will be provided with a map, to guide you around the expanse. You will need a full day to get round.
Animals range from Elephants, Tigers, and the wonderful Monkeys and Apes, through to a wonderful reptile house complete with mini waterfall, and penguins, seals and a large array of birds. There are regular talks on some of the animals which will be indicated on the information provided.
The Zoo is scattered with restaurants and a beautiful flower garden. Food is reasonably priced, but again, due to it's popularity, it can get quite busy. A well stocked gift shop provides lots of souveniers of your trip and many children leave with a balloon or a stuffed animal of some description.
I would recommend a visit as it is well worth the £9.50 adult and £7.00 childrens entrance fee. Under 3's do go free.
Summary: A Great Family Day out
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- Oakwood Theme Park - great family fun
- Wild about Combe Martin Wildlife & Dinosaur Park
- Wasps ruin a great place
- A Wonderful Little Zoo With Far More to Offer Than Meets the Eye
- Sealife Scarborough
- Nice open farm.
- A great way to spend an afternoon
- Compare these meerkats!
- We're going to the zoo! Can I go to the loo??
- Amazonia World Of Reptiles (England)
- The Ark Open Farm (County Down)
- Blackbrook Zoo (Staffordshire)
- Wetlands Animal Park (Nottinghamshire)
- Hamerton Zoo Park (Sawtry)
- Go Ape Aberfoyle (Scotland)
- Crocodiles of the World (Oxfordshire)
- Old Holly Farm (Preston)
- Woodside Wildlife and Falconry Park (Lincoln)
- Saw The Ride (Thorpe Park)