Newest Review: ... If you live near buy I would get a membership, it's a fantastic deal for considering the unlimited access and 20% off and ensures t... more
Member Name: kaljao
Advantages: Lots of animals, free parking!
Disadvantages: Not as good as Blackpool Zoo
I went to Chester zoo in around September time, 2009. We used to go there all the time on school trips and I remembered it being huge but I guess that shows how much I have grown up now as I found it of average size, however I am pretty sure that it is bigger than Blackpool Zoo which I visited in November. Saying that though I think Blackpool had a better range of animals. It seems you can adopt/sponsor quite a lot of animals at chester zoo and you get a little sponsorship pack and your name goes on a board for people to see who has sponsored. Sponsorship/adoption starts from £50 a year. Car parking is free at the zoo (always a good start) and the zoo opens at 10am each day. It is actually the most visited wildlife attraction in the UK and some people will argue that it is the best zoo in the UK. For me it comes a close second behind Blackpool zoo but its still a great family day out.
Summary: Great family day out for all
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- Blackpool Zoo - North Wests Best
- a good but tiring day out....
- Fun (costly) day out for whole family.
- Look how it's grown!!
- A GOOD DAY OUT IF YOU DONT LIKE QUES - BUT TIME FOR AN UPDATE!
- Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!
- Stuff for the kids, adults are out of luck.
- ponderosa rare breed farm
- One Big Adventure
- Pricey Fun
- White Post Farm Centre (Farnsfield)
- Monks Park Farm (Yorkshire)
- Wetlands Animal Park (Nottinghamshire)
- Tayto Park (Kilbrew)
- Dartmoor Otters and Buckfast Butterflies Sanctuary (Devon)
- Marine Aquarium (Lyme Regis)
- Cornwall's Crealy Great Adventure Park (Cornwall)
- Active Kid Toys and Adventure Park (Perthshire)
- Porfell Wildlife Park and Sanctuary (Cornwall)
- Cefn Mably Farm Park (Cardiff)